Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 210

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Heard from my cousin that works at Stone that Xocoveza is starting to hit shelves.

irthesteve and Joe4th like this.
  2. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

One of my favorite seasonal beers

Ken likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Always a winner. I have a bottle of Xocoveza from Insurgente right now actually, I haven't tried this version of it.

[​IMG]

Quick background info, Xocoveza was started as a collaboration between Stone, Insurgente (a Mexican brewery) and a home brewer. Now Stone and Insurgente both continue to make their own versions

4. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Got through on the Cantillon online sale today for 3x Fou' Foune, 2x Nath & 1x 2015 Lou Pepe Framboise!!!

Now I just need to find a proxy/shipping situation that's cheaper than me just flying to Belgium and picking it up myself.

momo32t and irthesteve like this.
  5. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Belgium in a Box maybe? I don't know someone else was saying they might be able to facilitate shipping for this.

6. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, a friend just mentioned that to me as well. Wasn't aware they had a proxy service.

Still half tempted to just try to get over there for the public brewing session next month and pick them up in person.

irthesteve likes this.
  7. broken22

(:

Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout is a treat.

Jake W and Oddpac87 like this.
  8. irthesteve

LOVE it, and it's so damn cheap

broken22 likes this.
  9. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

really happy I was able to make it to Tree House last weekend when I went up to Massachusetts for Zwanze Day, but dang, I get crazy FOMO seeing what they're posting this week. a lot of stuff has rolled over from last week, and then they also have two brand new stouts.

10. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Shit

12. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Yep. Founders also “pulled out” of the Grand Rapids chamber of commerce but then A WEEK LATER said they didn’t pull out and a “rogue employee” posted that without authorization. Basically, founders is having a shit week. I have zero problems ignoring their beers now.

13. irthesteve

Hey, if anyone wants Black Tuesday 2018 PM me and I'll ship you one for $30. No price markup and I'll cover shipping. Lemme know :heart:

14. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Sign me up. When do you need the money by?

15. irthesteve

pickup is after Halloween but I would pay this week. So, sometime in that window would be fine!

16. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Remind me next Friday and I’ll Venmo you money or PayPal or how you’d like to do it!

17. irthesteve

you got it!

bigmike likes this.
  18. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

You know what, I may actually just buckle down and grab some of the BBA Quad we made for our two year anniversary at work and send it as a thank you.

I’ve been meaning to send some out to people in this thread anyways.

djwildefire and Joe4th like this.
  19. irthesteve

while I don't require anything in return, this is extremely nice of you and obviously I'd never say no!

Joe4th, djwildefire and bigmike like this.
  20. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I went this weekend and was able to grab some bottles of the Little Buddy stout. It's very good. But the lines at that place are still insane. The draft line after standing in line to get cans/tickets was still like 30+ mins.

I'm definitely interested if still available. I can Venmo you later this week, just DM me your account name.

21. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

yeah, I know they're trying to expand again, but even with the expansion, I'm sure it'll still be crazy. when they release big beers like stouts, it's just a madhouse there.

22. djwildefire

Trusted

I’m not really into barrel-aged stouts, but just thought I’d let you know how cool this is of you. Also, I’ve only tried the Insurgente Xocoveza once but I didn’t think it was good as Stone’s version, so I’m curious to hear your thoughts.

Also, I don’t think I talked about this much on chorus, but my gf and I took a crazy road trip from CA, up through OR & WA, into Canada, and back down through MT & WY. The focus of the trip wasn’t beer but we did try some cool stuff along the way. Pfriem was pretty cool and Cascade’s Kentucky Peach was awesome. Holy Mountain seems to do everything well, and North Fork is worth a stop if you’re near the North Cascades (which are stunningly beautiful btw). We didn’t stop at any breweries in Canada but there was actually a really cool beer shop in Jasper, so we picked up a bunch of cans and the standout was Blindman Brewing (awesome NE Pale Ale which isn’t usually my thing). Oh and this super refreshing lemon lavender shandy from Yukon. On the way back to the Bay, we stopped at Moksa, which I was actually a bit underwhelmed by, but maybe I just didn’t try the right beers.

I’ve also started going to a monthly bottle share which is a lot of fun.

Joe4th and irthesteve like this.
  23. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Had a Von Trapp Helles with dinner tonight. Just a damn good clean lager. I also picked up some Long Trail Harvest and I don’t like it as much as I remember. It could stand to have some more body but it does taste good. Kind of wish I’d gone with the Paulaner Oktoberfest instead.

bigmike likes this.
  24. djwildefire Oct 14, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 14, 2018)
    djwildefire

Trusted

I'm very excited about this. Normally Almanac's sours are $10 or $11 for a 375 mL, so $16.99 for a 4-pack of 16 oz cans is a steal. And I believe it's going to hit full distro within the next month.

25. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve never had an almanac beer precisely for cost reasons.

djwildefire likes this.