Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 207

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Those sound awesome! I've been trying to find juniper bushes around me to try and nab some branches to make a more traditional Norwegian beer. I've been wanting to do a holiday beer in the style since I started brewing and just haven't found any branches to use. I'm tempted to go buy some bushes and plant them in my yard haha

Edit: also @bigmike if you guys happen to bottle any of those I would gladly send money/beer for a bottle or two just sayin'

bigmike likes this.
  2. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

The sahti IPA won’t be bottled but there’s a chance our brewer bottles up a couple just for fun of our half of the collab.

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  3. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I went to the new Ballast Point in chi yesterday and they had a bunch of Berliner weisse variations from an event the previous day. This barrel aged white wine Berliner weisse was astounding, with a cherry pie flavored one close behind.

Also the rooftop is mad.

swboyd and bigmike like this.
  4. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Also just thought of this: we will be bottling our BBA Belgian quad. Depending on how many I can I get, I might be able to send a bottle out to y’all. @williek311 too

5. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

That sounds awesome Mike.

bigmike likes this.
  6. noxee

Regular Prestigious

It would appear I over carbonated my first batch of home brew...

received_324897324917301.jpeg

Lost half the beer from all the bottles trying to recap them...

7. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

The joys of getting into homebrewing.

8. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Yea i learned real quick to lessen my priming sugar lol

9. noxee

Regular Prestigious

Haha yeah I'm going to have to be weary of that. The recipe I used suggested a mix of honey and water but I may have had too much honey for the volume I ended with. Will see what happens when I try again.

10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The Action Bronson beer may honestly get me into sours finally

Joe4th likes this.
  11. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Beer Priming Calculator - Brewer's Friend

There are a number of calculators online. I'd always check one of those instead of whatever the recipe says, just to be safe. Especially if your final yield was less than expected. That one doesn't include honey as an option, but I'm sure those exist as well.

noxee likes this.
  12. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

9B4E4869-27E6-4F85-A333-D8280F8366BE.jpeg

Our bottles came out real nice. Same label type as Stone uses on their bombers, basically no wrap on them.

reid, swboyd, BlueEyesBrewing and 4 others like this.
  13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

that looks great

bigmike likes this.
  14. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

That looks awesome! I always loved Stone's label type.

bigmike likes this.
  15. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I’m stoked. We filled a bunch, gonna wait and make sure they’re good and nothing faulty then prob put em on sale. Quad is as good this year as it was last year. Easily a top 3 beer we make.

Joe4th likes this.
  16. reid

@joemochas

Had a root beer float inspired sour beer the other day in St. Petersburg that blew my mind. Freaking Inoculum Ale Works is an awesome brewery, and this was even weird for them.

[​IMG]

17. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

A sour root beer float beer sounds disgusting to me haha

irthesteve likes this.
  18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I don't like root beer in the first place, but that combo does confuse me

19. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I love root beer but souring it doesn’t seem like it’d work for me.

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Rogue took us out to BJ’s for a flight with food. Their sour IPA is really good.

21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

AF663889-693A-40F2-8B45-F51EBD71F121.jpeg

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

EB9C5FF5-A9A0-4475-A866-B90A1249ED0B.jpeg

23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Wife bought me a beer fridge over the weekend for my birthday for our recently finished basement. I'm pretty excited about it.

24. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Pizza Port (San Clemente location) had a Star Wars night on 8/18 and I stumbled in on 8/19 and got my growler filled up as well as a Pizza port/SW pint glass. And as always the pizza was solid

irthesteve likes this.
  25. reid

@joemochas

Totally get both these responses. It shouldn't work. Speaks to their team's talent in that it was quite good. Shared with two other friends, and we were all kind of speechless.

bigmike and irthesteve like this.