Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 205

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

If i find anything worthwhile I’ll report back!

2. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Trying a new beer (for me, at least. Haven’t seen it yet) from Cisco Brewery (Nantucket, MA). Solid beer. Well buzzed after two so far.

[​IMG]

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

No Oktoberfest samples at our meeting, BUT they confirmed hop bullet year round package now whoooo!

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm near a ton of places on that list. I'm out of town for the next week or so, but if no one else can help out I can hit you up when I get back

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Actually it's on the corner of my street, haha. 5 min walk.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. broken22

(:

I'm a boring beer drinker. A lot of it has to do with because I hate IPA's and I'm mainly a lager, pilsner and a ale guy.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  7. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Lagers/Pilsners are the trend right now and a lot of breweries are putting them out, especially during the summer. And if you haven't already, try and seek out a reputable NE IPA. They are nothing like the traditional bitter hop bombs that became so well known in the past. They are much fruitier and have very little bitterness to them, almost like a fruit juice. I'm not sure what you mean by an ale guy, since that covers pretty much everything that isn't a lager, but there are a ton of other styles to check out besides IPA that you may find you really enjoy. If you want any recommendations this thread is a great resource on what and who to try.

Oddpac87 likes this.
  8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Foreign Objects is very, very overrated. Not sure why they're hyped up so much, especially at the price we're getting for here. I h

9. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Never heard of them but their descriptions of themselves and their beers are a little pretentious/obnoxious.

OhTheWater likes this.
  10. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Will be super excited when the NEIPA market cools a bit. The style isn’t going to go away but holy fuck theyre annoying.

11. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Give in to the dark side.

12. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I drank plenty of them but there is very little variation between the best ones. The best NEIPA from Brewery A taste VERY close to the best from Brewery B.

Professionally, it’s a nightmare because it’s all the consumer wants and bad versions of NEIPAs fly simply because it’s an NEIPA. Drives me nuts. Then again the longer I work in the industry the more I hate beer consumers in general.

Oddpac87 and williek311 like this.
  13. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Related: I have a twelve pack of Coors in my fridge and it’s hitting the spot

Joe4th, Mr. Serotonin and swboyd like this.
  14. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

banquet beer is life.

bigmike and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  15. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I'll always have a soft spot for Banquet Beer.

Agreed with the amount of NEIPA's that are out now that aren't good and are just there purely as a marketing ploy. I've decided to pretty much not drink any that are classified as New England or Hazy or Juicy because I don't trust them. But the ones that are good I still love to drink, even if I can't pick out much difference between them.

bigmike likes this.
  16. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Yes, let the hate flow through you.

17. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Maybe I'm just spoiled with the breweries around me, but I don't see that many people doing bad versions of them. At least not more than the average good brewery to bad brewery ratio. But most of what I'm having is from some of the best producers in the country, so I'm sure that's clouding my judgement a bit.

Carton is putting out a lager year-round now and I could drink it every day.

bigmike likes this.
  18. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I've got some awesome breweries with 2 hours of me making them, so I've been spoiled that way too, but then I try some other smaller local places or some of the nationwide distributors and it makes me realize how inferior theirs are compared to the best in the country.

bigmike likes this.
  19. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

It's a great feeling.
    You're definitely a bit spoiled, but I also have Old Nation which is making NEIPA's as good as any out there IMO. I think it's more the lack of variation among the best and the consumers that have made me not like them as much. I tend to be a big contrarian, too. But, I just crave basic beers and Belgian beers the last 6+ months. Give me all the saisons!

Also, going into bars that just ask me to leave because I don't have NEIPA to offer them drives me nuts.

Oddpac87 likes this.
  20. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Just got a NEIPA out of the fridge I can see Big Mike hitting the block button on my profile now

Oddpac87 and bigmike like this.
  21. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, I drank two of them tonight at the event I worked. But it is also the best of the beers we had on tap/only 5.5%

22. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I love a nice M43

23. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, the Tired Hands Milkshake series as a whole is one of my favorite beers ever, but I still think Saisonhands is my favorite thing they do.

bigmike likes this.
  24. noxee

Regular Prestigious

IMG-20180807-WA0000.jpeg

Bottled my home brew on the weekend (ignore the use of Corona bottles, there was a lack of proper bottles to use and I got desperate...) Still smelt like beer which I take as a good sign.

Also trying to siphon beer into a pot then into bottles is a nightmare, I think ended up wearing half a bottle of beer...

bigmike likes this.