Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 200

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. momo32t

Trusted

J Wakefield, Funky Buddha and Garagiste Meadery

David87 likes this.
  2. williek311 Jun 11, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 11, 2018)
    williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Most of what I drank this weekend. Was able to hit up Foam Brewing, Hill Farmstead, Burlington Beer Co, Parker Pie and Notch.

Edit oh and Trillium and Tree House.

Another Edit: Some notes Assassin was definitely not worth the hype. Angry Chair stouts are good for about 2 ozs. Troll So Hard and Haterade are so bad. Sons of Darkness from AS was dope. Armand & Tommy was delicious but I think Zenne Y Frontera was better. Flora still rules. Cable Car was good. Holy Mountain Corpse Reviver was so good, super lemony and refreshing.

Attached Files:

3. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Cycle is cool. Odd Breed is a newer like american wild ale spot thats suppose to be good.

4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

MY lady and I went to 4 breweries this weekend in Chicago: Off Color, Goose Island, On Tour, Great Central. On Tour had a nitro IPA, which is a style I'd never had. Super pine-y and creamy, very different.

swboyd and MexicanGuitars like this.
  5. djwildefire Jun 11, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 11, 2018)
    djwildefire

Trusted

That looks like an amazing assortment. I’m very jealous.

Stuff that’s impressed me lately: Soquel Fermentation Project’s Golden Sour w/ Passionfruit, Alvarado Street’s Motor Oil Imperial Stout w/ raspberries, Cellarmaker’s PB&J stout, Russian River’s Sanctification, Upland/Cascade’s Pearpawsterous, Perennial’s Hopfentea, Mikkeller SD’s Passion Pool, Dugges/Stillwater’s Tropic Punch Ale, Sixpoint’s Citrus Jammer, Rare Barrel’s Becoming (I love boysenberries), and Modern Times’ Transit of Venus (my first grisette), Allagash’s Map 40, and Toolbox’s Bog Sauce.

6. reid

@joemochas

where are you going to be in Florida? that'll help narrow it down. we've got some great gems that haven't really hit the rest of the region / country yet.

7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Legit the entire coastline of the state lol....we're doing a summer road trip and planning on hitting a brewery in each state. We'll be coming from the west into the panhandle and going all the way down and around and back up the Atlantic coast.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  8. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Which Goose Island spot did you hit up? Fulton or Clybourn? I've heard bad things about the renovated Clybourn spot so I'm just curious...

9. chewbacca110

Fulton. I've only been the Clybourn spot once (perhaps before sasid rennovations)and it was fine. Fulton is more "industrial chic" if that makes any sense.

swboyd likes this.
  10. reid

@joemochas

Tampa Bay area: Cigar City, Six Ten, Garagiste Meadery (only open Fri-Sun), Hidden Springs Ale Works, Cycle, Angry Chair, 7th Sun, Inoculum Ale Works (sour only brewery that should be open soon-ish), Arkane Ale Works, Tampa Beer Works, Coppertail

Miami area: J Wakefield, Funky Buddha, Flagler Village

Jacksonville: Aardwolf, Southern Swells, Main & Six, Wicked Barley

Other east coast breweries to hit: Orchid Island (Vero Beach), Civil Society (Jupiter / West Palm Beach area), Due South (Boynton Beach), American Craft Aleworks (West Palm Beach)

That's what I've got off the top of my head.

David87 likes this.
  11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Getting spoiled by the amount of Heady I’ve been able to get. Also got TH Extra Vanilla Milkshake, which rules

waking season, Joe4th and momo32t like this.
  12. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I didn't think I would ever be able to try one of the Deftones themed brews, but yesterday that changed. Hanging out at a pool party with my trail running buddies and the craft beer guy with the cooler full of brews had this hidden away. I was a bit buzzed at the time, but I overheard "who wants to try Good Morning Beautiful with me?". Those words cut through all the noise and went straight to my ears across the room. It was delicious. If I had been a bit more "alert", I would have saved the bottle but didn't think about it. If I can ever find it online if they brew it again, I'll be all over it.

Attached Files:

chewbacca110, irthesteve and momo32t like this.
  13. chewbacca110

Girlfriend and I were all up in St Louis this weekend. Here's where we went and our favorites...

Square One: Oh Hawaii pineapple wheat
    4 Hands: Ca$h Mony IIPA and No Bake vanilla brown ale
    Schlafly: Blueberry Coffee Stout **FAV OF THE WEEKEND**
    Side Project Cellar: Cat Spit oatmeal milk stout (2nd Shift Brewing)
    Six Mile Bridge: Cinnamon Maple Stout and Blood Orange Wit
    Anheuser-Busch: THE KING OF BEERS, BABY! Super rad tour of their entire "campus"!
    Civil Life: The Angel and the Sword ESB
    Perennial Artisan Ales: Abraxas, because of course.

swboyd likes this.
  14. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Went to Portland for the day on Saturday and was able to get a few Allagash Coolship beers, Peche/Red/Resurgam. Really pumped about it as I've been wanting to try them for a couple years now. Shared one of the Peche yesterday with my dad and it was fantastic. I can't wait to sit outside by a fire with these.

waking season likes this.
  15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Been able to get some Bolero Snort down the shore. It’s decent. The fruit/vanilla flavor is a bit artificial

16. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

We finally got Bell’s in NH. Having a Lager of the Lakes now and it’s really hitting the spot on a hot night.

17. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

i've been eyeing their various sales rep roles in new england recently.

18. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I might be in Kzoo next weekend so would def want to hit up Bell's

19. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I grew up there, live an hour away and know a good amount about it. Want recs?

20. MexicanGuitars

Certainly. Not sure how much time I'll have out and about but i'd run it past my friends who I'm going up with.

21. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

You're going to Bell's which is the best place to go. If you're in town after 6 pm go to the Kalamazoo Beer Exchange, which is diagonal from Bell's. It has around 22 taps of beer and the prices fluctuate during 15 minute 'trading periods' depending on the amount the particular beer sold in the previous trading period. The market will "crash" periodically and the beers will get to their base price for five minutes. It's dumb fun and usually a solid tap list and was basically my home for 4 years before I moved away.

Arcadia is east of Bell's and they have okay beer but a really nice outdoor space.

Directly across from Bell's is Hopcat, which you might be familiar with given their rapid expansion into other states. Best french fries in the world and usually about 100 taps of beers, so big options.

Small breweries in K'zoo kind of suck but One Well Brewing, about 90 seconds off of the high way on portage road (you'd get off at the kilgore road exit of I-94). They have a great vibe and the beers are pretty decent. Their flagship is a jalapeno blonde which has almost no spice to it. They usually have a range of styles but honestly it's more atmosphere over beer for me. Plus convenience back to the highway. How much time are you planning on spending in Kzoo? Any chances to get outside of the area by like an hour or so? Stuff in SW MI like Transient/Greenbush/Tapistry are worth your time, for sure.

chewbacca110 and MexicanGuitars like this.
  22. MexicanGuitars

Thanks for the recs!

Idk how much time atm yet. Few friends are going up to visit a buddy of ours who has a house, which is part of the attraction, so not sure how much we're gonna be out and about just y et.

23. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Gotcha. Breweries on that way from Chicago I think are must stops are Transient in Bridgman, Mich. and Arclight Brewing in Watervliet, Mich. Transient is like 70 mins from bells and arclight is around 45 mins from bells and both are killer.

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  24. Dog with a Blog

The other day I had Belching Beaver’s Deftones Digital Bath and it was actually pretty daaaaamn good

bigmike likes this.
  25. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Home brew pale ale turned out great.

Attached Files: