Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

That sounds delicious

2. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

The Kirkland craft beer has some decent stuff in the pack. Very introductory tastes to the types of beers.

Vincentbiz likes this.
  3. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone ever have anything from Toppling Goliath? Picked up some pseudoSue and Pompeii today. I've had the Sue before and love it, so I'm excited to try Pompeii.

4. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

I fucking love Kirkland lights lol 48 beers for 20 bucks is unbeatable no matter what

Vincentbiz likes this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I have a Kirkland light sitting in my fridge from almost a year ago

Ryan Dennehy and Jason Tate like this.
  6. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

Anyone here brew their own beer? I've got my first attempt fermenting and I really hope I didn't fuck it up somehow and end up with swamp water.

7. irthesteve

I actually got a kit for my birthday a few years ago, there's actually a fair amount of stuff I still have to buy so I don't know when I'm going to be able to do that and get it started

8. Guess who recently turned 21 and now feels at home in this thread

:beer:

Vincentbiz and Jason Tate like this.
  9. I really, really want to try a brewing kit at some point. Any recommendations?

10. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Guess no one has had them but I reallyyyyyy recommend the pseudoSue, had one tonight and it was great.

11. TheVandyMan

Please stop deleting my custom title Prestigious

If I was still up in Erie, I'd buy you a celebratory drink! :beer:

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. Haha why thank you! Went to the Plymouth for birthday. I've been out to Jekyll and Hyde's for happy hour and my fiance's half-brother's place, The Empty Keg, out in Edinboro.

13. TheVandyMan

The Plymouth is great! I'm also a big fan of the Erie Ale House. Such is the downside of meeting someone cool on AP once you've already moved out of your hometown, haha. But they already sell summer shandy's in South Texas in March, so it's not like I can complain.

Vincentbiz likes this.
  14. Haha that's awesome. Yeah, I still have yet to hit the Erie Ale House, but I've heard great things. The Plymouth was an excellent choice for the birthday celebration. I know some places are uncomfortable with the "21 at midnight" thing, but they hooked me up with some drinks on the house and were really cool about everything.

15. TheVandyMan

The Plymouth has some really excellent food, too. Never had a bad time there, whether I went with family or just hanging out with friends! Plus it's such a convenient location for you, being a Gannon student, haha.

16. Yeah, definitely. I've only had the food once -- I interned for Gannon's marketing department over the summer and we went out for lunch a few times -- but I'd like to get some friends together to go out for dinner and drinks this week, if possible.

If you ever find yourself back in Erie, feel free to reach out and we'll grab a beer!

17. TheVandyMan

Absolutely! I still have some great friends up there, so I want to get up and visit sometime. Both my parents used to work at Gannon, so I'm a little nostalgic about Erie.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  18. irthesteve

Cheers to you!!

Aaron Mook likes this.
  19. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I need to go buy some more dogfishead soon.

20. irthesteve

Allagash White
    Avery White Rascal
    Ommegang Witte
    Bells' Oberon

21. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

hoegarden

22. it's a Belgian white beer, so definitely Steve's suggestions (Allagash White is delicious) as well as Harpoon UFO White for a cheaper option.

also yes hoegaarden is very similar.

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

my dream holiday is a world wide beer tour

Vincentbiz likes this.
  24. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

shock top prolly

but also, stop drinking blue moon. hah.

Vincentbiz likes this.
  25. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

what are the best porters and stouts yall have had? theyre kind of my bread and butter

big fan of:
    mayflower porter
    maine brewing company mean old tom
    maine brewing company king titus
    left hand milk nitro stout
    nightshift bean porter