Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 188

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

So now we know.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

wait, Stone has never canned their basic IPA? That seems.... weird

3. djwildefire

Trusted

I think they’ve canned it in 12 oz but not 19.2

irthesteve likes this.
  4. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

They should just be honest and say “so we can get more shelf space in a market that is increasingly favoring local over big in craft beer.”

5. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

They have. Sell 24 packs of their 12 oz cans at Costco and 12 packs in other places.

6. irthesteve

Ooooh got it, so basically it'll battle the other tallboys which are all macro beers

7. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I hope Keystone starts selling their beer in 19.2 oz. cans now

Oddpac87 and bigmike like this.
  8. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I went to the Stone Richmond spot last weekend and most of the beers were not good. Very disappointed. RIS is still good though.

9. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Is stone's market share down at all? I would love to see what their numbers are compared to Sierra Nevada. It feels like Stone in Michigan just SITS until distributors take them back for being out of date, yet a company like Lagunitas (not terrible different, IMO, from Stone) flies out the door.

10. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

I don't love Stone. quite a few of their IPAs taste really similar to me. when I first got into the Enjoy By series, I was blown away by each one, but I don't even look for them anymore.

bigmike likes this.
  11. irthesteve

I'm not really into their IPAs, but they do solid work in the more experimental styles

12. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I think enjoy by is still one of the best and most reliable DIPAs on the market.

13. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I think I’ve only ever had one beer from each but I love the can/bottle designs and art style of Mikkeller and Omnipollo.

14. irthesteve

I always enjoy posting this every year... My Coachella supplies for next weekend. We always try to keep it relatively light for the extreme heat.

IMG_20180407_171727.jpg

bigmike and waking season like this.
  15. momo32t

Trusted

I’ve never really had a bad beer from either of them. Worth checking out

waking season likes this.
  16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Omnipollo is great

17. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

The Omni beers I’ve had have been solid to very good. Mikkeller now that they’re on the west coast are putting out some duds and some quite good beers. Used to be frustrating getting old ass hoppy beers but the California location makes that a moot point now.

18. momo32t

Trusted

I want to go to the Mikkeller NYC spot but it’s been insanely packed since it opened.

I haven’t tried Mikkeller’s NE IPA series, but heard they’re good.

For Omnipollo, I love their Pleroma and Schploing

bigmike likes this.
  19. momo32t

Trusted

Great picks on the Mikkeller Raspberry Blush and the Anderson Valley gose

irthesteve likes this.
  20. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I had the Mikkeller mango Berliner yesterday and really enjoyed it. I had some apricot Omnipollo beer in Oslo last year and I thought it was pretty good as well. Unfortunately we don’t get them in NH.

momo32t likes this.
  21. djwildefire

Trusted

Both Omnipollo and Mikkeller are mixed bags to me. In terms of what I've had from Omnipollo, I like their dessert sours. I also thought that the Noa Pecan Stout could've been really good but was ultimately too sweet and artificial for my preference. For Mikkeller and Mikkeller SD, nothing's really blown me away, but their stouts tend to be solid.

22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Omnipollo Shoutao peach slushee is a go-to at this point. Pick one up every time I’m at the store. So good

Went to two locals this weekend, Earth Bread and Chestnut Hill Brewing. CHB is right up the street. Super small, decent beers. Were regulars at this point so it’s a comfy spot. Was not impressed with Earthbread. The pizza is good but the beer needs to be worked on

23. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Big bro coming in clutch bringing me a custom selection 12 pack of the finest Norfolk, VA beers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Where in NH are you? I live in Merrimack now.

Is it weird that seeing beer in bottles seems out of place now? Besides big burly beers and sours/wilds I almost just assume a beer will come in cans now.

25. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Currently in Dover but I’m originally from Nashua. I agree with you on cans/bottles. I almost always go with cans if there’s a choice. I’m really happy bombers seem like they’re becoming a thing of the past.

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.