Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 187

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I think I've mentioned this before, but my brother's friends have a brewery in Denver and most, if not all, of their beer names are after band songs or albums. They also get bands to play short acoustic sets at their brewery before their main shows. They are basically doing exactly what I want to be doing

dylan, bigmike and chewbacca110 like this.
  2. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

If you're going to name a beer after a band I'd say make it not so blatant and not so punny. Just my preference.

bigmike likes this.
  3. momo32t

Trusted

Hop Damn! was the name of the ETID beer. Hard to beat.

MexicanGuitars, bigmike and Jake W like this.
  4. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

That sounds awesome as hell. Whats the brewery?
    I would agree.
    Only option for that, IMO

5. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Ratio Beerworks. They just had the Menzingers this last weekend, and have gotten Matt Pryor to play every year for their anniversary party.

MexicanGuitars and dylan like this.
  6. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Fuck that sounds awesome. I think @dylan was there for the Menzingers stuff, right?

Oddpac87 and dylan like this.
  7. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Yup! For St. Paddy's day they had an acoustic "Before the Party" concert and Ratio brewed a special one day only lemongrass saison called Irish Goodbyes that they had on tap there and at the concert venue they played at that night. They have on tap an IPA called Rented World

8. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Jealous of this entire post.

Joe4th, MexicanGuitars and dylan like this.
  9. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

That's awesome you were there, super jealous! Where did they play that night?

dylan likes this.
  10. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

As overrated as I think they are generally, Three Floyds has done a ton of awesomes collabs with different metal bands over the years: Amber Smashed Face (Cannibal Corpse), Permanent Funeral (Pig Destroyer), Hopped in Half (Obituary), Toxic Revolution and Horny for Blood (Municipal Waste), Immutable Dusk (Pelican), Razorhoof (High on Fire), and In the Name of Suffering (Eyehategod).

As far as I know, all of those are named after or inspired by song or album titles. It's becoming more and more of thing in the metal and punk genres.

bigmike likes this.
  11. dylan

the Irish Goodbyes was so fucking good i double fisted it before entering the pit for Good Things and immediately regretted it and had to get out. cc @thenewmatthewperry

bigmike likes this.
  12. dylan

summit music hall. pizza there was pretty good, too.

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  13. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

Rock Brothers in Tampa has basically built their entire brand around the concept of band beers. Some have been pretty good too, but I don’t think I’ve seen one by a band I liked as much as Less Than Jake.

bigmike likes this.
  14. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Champion Brewery did a Power Trip beer and had it on tap here for one of their shows. The beer wasn't that great but it was cool.

bigmike likes this.
  15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Damn beer thread on my second page? Sober weekend?

Tired Hands was disappointing this weekend. Too crowded, the beers I wanted all kicked by the time I got there.

Wissahickon was not very good.

Headed to Forest and Main later, always great

16. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Had an absolutely dank IPA at More earlier.

swboyd likes this.
  17. djwildefire

Trusted

Local beer bar had what they called a “farmhouse frenzy” tap list yesterday. Lots of interesting stuff on it. I tried Jester King Aurelian Lure (apricot wild ale), Logsdon Peche ‘n Brett (peach wild ale), and Propolis Beltane (elderflower saison), all of which were VERY good.

The only negative is that despite this beer bar often having interesting things on tap, they have very high prices.

18. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Been in KY for the last six weeks, found a local brewery who had a trivia team with the name of "Threat Level Midnight" win the overall competition they had so they had the right to name their new beer. So much potential with Office related names, but they chose "Tall Guy IPA" so disappointed in their choice.

19. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Had Revolution Cafe Deth this weekend and it’s one of my favorite beers now.

20. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I was just creeping through this thread and saw this, I love Ratio! Probably my number 2 brewery in Colorado in terms of beers, number 1 to hang out at, they always have such interesting beers on tap.

dylan likes this.
  21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Went to Fat Heads Brewery in Canton on Sunday night. It just opened about two weeks ago (although the original opened in North Olmsted in 2009, I believe). I'm honestly not too huge of a Fat Heads guy, but it was a cool place to go to. My wife and I actually spent the night at a winery, but when we passed the Fat Heads Brewery, we had to check it out.

22. djwildefire

Trusted

Maine Beer Co's Lunch just started shipping here, and after having heard so much about it, I was expecting a lot more than it was. Modern Times' new release, Fraxos, however, really impressed me.

momo32t likes this.
  23. momo32t

Trusted

After spending this whole week in South Florida, I came to the obvious conclusion:

J Wakefield > Funky Buddha

reid and nl5011 like this.
  24. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Stopped at the Asheville New Belgium Brewery today on the way home from KY to NC and they happened to be having a beer release of their Hemp beer. Pretty damn smooth and surprisingly good. Goes on sale... 4/20.

Also, place was packed upon arriving. Pulled into the parking lot looking for a spot when we saw a car backing out. Both my friend who was driving and a car coming the opposite way signaled the same time for it. He motioned rock paper siccors and the other guy was down for it so I motioned 1...2...3. Other guy drew paper, we drew scissor and both laughed and he gave up the spot. One of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.

swboyd and MexicanGuitars like this.
  25. djwildefire

Trusted

Trying to expand my social...and beer...horizons by going to a bottle share organized through MeetUp. I hate that I always get awful jitters about meeting new people.