Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 179

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm going to start a chorus.fm profile called Keybigmike

Joe4th likes this.
  2. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

It makes it sound like you want someone to stab me with keys. But, I encourage you to make the account! :)

irthesteve likes this.
  3. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Someone on AP made an account named "Oddpac87 = stupid" or something like that. Never quite recovered from that burn.

swboyd, Joe4th, bigmike and 1 other person like this.
  4. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I always meant to apologize for that.

5. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Also: you get Decadent Ales out there?

Joe4th likes this.
  6. irthesteve

One dude literally changed his name to irthetom or something and made an avatar like mine, and it wasn't even joking, he hated me I guess. I honestly don't even know who he is, it was weird.

Oddpac87 likes this.
  7. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Not yet. They haven't opened their own place yet, but they're brewing out of this weird "Twelve Percent Beer Project" thing in CT right now that's putting out stuff from their catalog (Evil Twin, Omnipollo, Stillwater, etc). The releases always look pretty solid just haven't made the trip up for one yet.

8. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, we got some cans of their stuff in Michigan. Had the Double Tropical Smoothie or whatever and enjoyed it. Depending on when I send the package I might throw a can in there. Might also send things at different times instead of one big package, 'cause there's a couple things I want to send fresh.

9. irthesteve

I finally had the CBS I got tonight, I really enjoy it overall but really don't taste any maple, which is a bummer

Joel Gustafson and bigmike like this.
  10. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

This batch is definitely light on the maple for sure.

11. irthesteve

As a beer drinker, there is something I have learned about myself... I really like bold flavors, the idea of a "subtle" flavor kinda annoys me, why half-ass it????

Now I know that there are plenty of people that just like beer and barely want flavor added, but that't not me. If you add something to a beer I want to be slapped in the face with it. Not that I want like, a super syrup flavor, but a super real-strong flavor.

I guess that's why I love The Bruery more than any other places, they don't shy away from BOLD ass flavors, when they say a flavor exists, it's right there in my face. Anyway, this is what I am learning about myself.

bigmike likes this.
  12. momo32t

Trusted

They have more recently started to make it out to NYC. I've had the French Toast DIPA, the Strawberry Creamsicle and the Double Toasted Marshmallow. The first one was the only one I really loved, but they are certainly making strides to make good beer.

13. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

yall may laugh but that Blue Moon with apricot notes is p decent. and cheap. was very pleasantly surprised.

14. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

always love DFH Midas Touch when I pick it up

15. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

anyone have any experience with PubPass? Thinking about getting one since moving as motivation to get to all the various places in the city

16. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Nope but that’s a cool idea.

17. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

My buddy has been raving about the NYC Good Beer Passport the last couple years. Going to have to give it a shot this summer.

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Omg omg omg Heady Topper, Focal Banger and Hop Juju at the local store. I need to get there

bigmike, swboyd and Joe4th like this.
  19. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

I'm down to my last Revolution Coffee Eugene from the release back in October. *sniff*

MexicanGuitars and Joe4th like this.
  20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I still have a 4-pack of Deth's Tar. That stuff is so good.

chewbacca110 and MexicanGuitars like this.
  21. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

Bella Vista?

The Loft at Iron Abbey got some of this on Tuesday and my friend was able to grab some. It's wild that it's making it's way down there.

also going to try to get out to the Pineapple Shape of Haze release today, hope it's better than the mango.

OhTheWater likes this.
  22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Craft beer outlet

23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Missed out on Heady and FB. Sold out in 45 mins at like 11 am. Don’t you dorks have work too! I managed to get Hop Juju

irthesteve and Joe4th like this.
  24. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

late response but focal banger is available at Monk's. I went last night and it looked like they had a ton.

also I heard rumors that more people got heady topper but they're waiting until pliny the younger gets released and doing a side-by-side comparison.

OhTheWater likes this.
  25. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Waiting to tap an IPA seems like a poor decision.

bigmike and OhTheWater like this.