Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 153

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Rasp. Tart and Serendipity are phenomenal. Really remarkable what they can do with their fruited beers.

reid and djwildefire like this.
  2. kassie09

Regular

Drinking a blockhouse pumpkin right now as the cool breeze hits me /// basic bliss

(It's 7%, okay?)

Joe4th likes this.
  3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

The Lefthand Octoberfests are pretty :ok:

4. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

There's a decent chance I'll be heading to Treehouse tomorrow if you still want me to grab some stuff for you. If I'm lucky I may try and get to Trillium too but not sure on that.

5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

That would be incredible. Thanks a ton.

6. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I was able to get you 6 In Perpetuity, 2 Julius, 1 Alter Ego, and 1 Bright. The In Perpetuity sounds like the perfect beer for the occasion based on the description of it:

That's half of what I could get from them and I'm keeping the other half since I've only ever had Julius out of that group. I wasn't able to make it to Trillium but I'm going to try on Wednesday if I can.

If you have stuff to trade I'll gladly take that or else you can just pay me back for what I got. You can send me a DM to work out all the details.

PS: Drinking the In Perpetuity right now and it is fantastic

bigmike and Joe4th like this.
  7. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

You seriously rule and have no idea how happy you're going to make my best friend/me. I'll DM you.

8. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Daaannnng. That's a great haul.

9. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Their new facility is so nice too. I can't wait to go back down on a Saturday sometime and actually be able to have pours and hang out for a while. They also seem to be getting the hang of their new big system too and cranking out like 1200-1600 cases a batch which is nice for increased limits.

bigmike and Joe4th like this.
  10. Dog with a Blog

At the mead spot. Ordered a flight. Got 1,2, 4, and 6.

IMG_0288.JPG

bigmike and djwildefire like this.
  11. Dog with a Blog

I didn't really dig the first two, which were really fruity, but the Oak and the Wildflower were very good.

12. djwildefire

Trusted

Yeah I've tried a couple nectar creek meads in the past and wasn't the biggest fan. 4 and 6 both sound really good though!

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

A 19% mead Wtf

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  14. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

16. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I've never had it. I'm not a huge mead fan. I've heard it's pretty damn good.

17. Dog with a Blog

I plan on trying it next time I go there just cause

irthesteve likes this.
  18. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Viking Blod is fantastic.

19. djwildefire

Trusted

If any of you like to shop at Trader Joe's, I picked up peak brewing's the juice today and it definitely exceeded my expectations! I also got an evil twin/Jackie Os imperial stout with Pasilla peppers, honey, and some other stuff at a local liquor store. Excited to try it!

20. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Had Ale Asylum's Napalm Bunny this weekend. Solid imperial IPA. It paired well against the two PBRs I had at the show I was at earlier. :)

21. djwildefire

Trusted

I tried that Evil Twin/Jackie O's stout (it's called You're in the Jungle Baby), and it was really good. Definitely a big beer. None of the adjuncts are super overpowering but a hint of each comes through. I was reading that apparently they made 25% of the cans super spicy, so not sure how I would feel about that. The pepper was there in mine, but pretty mild.

22. reid

@joemochas

Glad to report no damage to my beers from the hurricane this past weekend, minus the few I drank with some friends while crashing their place waiting for my electricity to come back.

Mr. Serotonin and bigmike like this.
  23. scroopy.noopers

: (

currently drinking oe

sometimes ya can't beat the classics

24. djwildefire

Trusted

Finally tried the cuvée the other night, really enjoyed it! Might be time to explore more lambics/gueuzes.

bigmike and williek311 like this.
  25. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Awesome! I'll throw in some Jolly Pumpkin into the package I send. Gonna grab some beers tomorrow.