Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 144

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Great Lakes is some good stuff.

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Conway's Irish Ale is my all-time fave.

CarpetElf likes this.
  3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I've actually got my all-time favorite right now haha.

[​IMG]

(Conway's is really good too. Edmund Fitzgerald is also great)

4. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Sucks is probably still my all-around #1. Hell of a beer. They used to sell it in quarts when they turned it into a year-round release and that was absolutely lethal shit for me lol.

CarpetElf likes this.
  5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Duuuuude I know haha.

cubsml34 likes this.
  6. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Drinking Von Trapp Kölsch tonight. For my money they make the best German/Austrian style beers in the US. Everything they make is on point save maybe their Weissbier.

bigmike likes this.
  7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Updates:
    Carton DIPA is good
    Cigar City Guayabera is great
    Have Neshaminy Creek Keep It On The DL, Stillwater The Cloud, and Half Acre Freedom of '78 to drink

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The Cloud was excellent
    Freedom of 78 is good, very fruity

9. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I despise Freedom of 78. It gets a lot of hype (well used to; it's died off a little recently) and i just don't like it. Can't get into it.

10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I actually couldn't finish it, the fruit taste was way too overpowering by the end

bigmike likes this.
  11. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

Pretty much all of the Tree House stuff is amazing, but Sap is my personal favorite.

12. musicandlyrics

Xaxa Mckenzie

[​IMG]

I am not yet ready to welcome the new week, I need a long weekend. I guess I need to try my hardest in order to finish all my task and be productive enough.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Interesting list:

The 25 Best Breweries in America

I can get behind it overall, though the CA pick is one that I have issue with personally, and the list kinda reads as like... "most hip." But I guess being the most hip means they deserve to make the list too, huh

14. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Compared to how most of these lists usually are, this is astonishingly accurate. The only real standout omission to me is The Bruery.

15. irthesteve

That was the first thing I said, because it's my absolute fav and I go there almost weekly haha

16. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

It's a good list for sure. I just skimmed the article, but do they have their methodology for how they put the list together? If they had to include one of the OG big breweries, I'd go Bells > Sierra Nevada. I think Bells does everything better than SN.

17. irthesteve

I should try more Bell's, when I had a selection of their stuff I was reading that the first wave of expansion had some bad beer, maybe that;s what I had because not much stood out

18. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

BA Expedition is one of the best stouts in the world. There aren't many I'd rather have. Two Hearted, for me, is better than SN Pale Ale and they have a range of solid sours that they are putting out on draft. Kick in things like Q-Falls, one of my favorite hoppy lagers. Bells has improved vastly recently. They're the best brewery in Michigan, IMO.

Not to turn it into a Sierra Nevada-Bells midwest/west coast fight, haha.

jaimej and cubsml34 like this.
  19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Brewery recs in Kentucky? PReferably the Lexington area but some points in the western part of the state are also possible. Probably will NOT be in Lousiville unless the absolute best brewery is there and it is absolutely can't miss and worth driving out of the way for over other breweries lol

20. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

BA ratings aren't the most reliable metric anymore, but this is usually where I start trying to plan stuff in an area I've never been.

The bad news is Against the Grain (in Louisville) is the far and away winner there. The other bad news is that based on what I've had from them, I'd say they're probably not worth going out of your way for.

Country Boy and West Sixth are both Lexington though and look to have decent ratings.

David87 likes this.
  21. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Team MW

22. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Michigan is slighted on that list IMO

Midwest 4 4 4 4 life

cubsml34 likes this.
  23. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

I don't know if I would have them on my overall 25, but I absolutely agree that Bell's would have been a better choice than Sierra Nevada for the "old school" representation on the list.

bigmike likes this.
  24. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

I'm actually curious what my personal top 25 would be based on ratings. I feel like it's probably easy enough to figure out with my Untappd data, but I'm terrible at if/then statements in excel.

bigmike likes this.
  25. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

The same stuff could have been applied to Stone as it did Sierra Nevada. Here in San Diego I'm a huge fan because they'll help smaller breweries use their distribution network in the county.

bigmike likes this.