Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 143

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

Picked up some beer at Total Wine tonight. We just got a big shipment of Modern Times so I picked up a couple of those and some locals I've never tried before. Excited to try some new beer tonight.

2. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Got duped with the Unfiltered Sculpin from Ballast Point. Couple extra bucks for the same taste. DAMN you!!!!

3. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Cracked 2015 BCBS to celebrate post grad employment. So glad I let this mellow out a bit.

4. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Bought the latest Sam Adams sampler, came with this beauty...

[​IMG]

I'm a sucker for camera's, and beer, so this was a pleasant surprise. Reminds me of New Belgium's Snapshot beer, another great camera beer.

5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

My friend went and saw Ghost in Indiana last night, and he was super awesome enough to grab me some Three Floyds while he was down there. I'll be getting Zombie Dust, Alpha King, and Gumball Head when I see him tomorrow. Have never tried any of them. Super excited.

bigmike likes this.
  6. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

All are real solid beers, for sure.

Joe4th likes this.
  7. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

new tree house opened up yesterday. pictures on twitter looked gorgeous.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  8. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

hope that makes tree house easier to trade for (though, it's gotten a bit easier now lately).

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  9. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

I've been on a beer diet for the better part of the summer in an attempt to lose some weight, but my wife is away for the weekend and I'm home with two kids so I figured this was the perfect time to not worry about it. Working on an Oberon mini-keg with my buddy tonight while watching Game of Thrones and the Frank Turner documentary, and also hitting up a few randoms I picked up as well. Beer is delicious and I have missed it.

cubsml34 and Joe4th like this.
  10. Joe4th

New Treehouse facility looks beautiful. Hope to make it out there one day. Also hope to finally try a beer from them.

bigmike likes this.
  11. bobby_runs

BevMo was running a deal this weekend. $9.99 for a 6 pack of Sculpin. Never seen it priced that low even as a Costco sampler pack.

12. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

How fresh? That's basically 50% off of what it costs in Michigan.

13. bobby_runs

Have't checked but it wasn't limited to the store (as in pushing out stock). It was an emailed coupon "for me only" probably just people who have a history of buying pricey IPAs. I usually can get the 6 pack alone for $13.99 and around $11 when I get the Sculpin pack at Costco. The costco pack has regular, grapefruit and pineapple; 6 of each.

bigmike likes this.
  14. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Wish Sculpin was that cheap here. It's around $16.99. Or it used to be. I quit looking at the price of it because it was just too much; one of the few beers I've said that about.

Joe4th and cubsml34 like this.
  15. MexicanGuitars

Same. I picked up Grapefruit Sculpin not too long ago for $11.99 or $12.99 on sale, but it consistently is at $13.99 or higher at small stores in the area. Which is pretty nuts.

16. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

birthday bomb by prairie is the best new beer I've tried in a loooong time.

Joe4th likes this.
  17. Dog with a Blog

Been drinking the Unfiltered Sculpin a lot lately. My body hates me but it's soooo gooooood.

18. djwildefire

Trusted

Hey, both Alvarados growers pale ale and chiffon fog double IPA are available in cans. Let me know if either of those interest you and if so we can organize a trade!

19. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I'm super interested, but I can't organize a trade for a month or so. Work is crazy and I won't have time to go and get some good things for you until like early September.

20. congruence

Got a light?

Never had Treehouse before but stopped by the new place today, grabbed Haze, Julius and Sap, have yet to try

JimmyIymmiJ, jaimej and bigmike like this.
  21. Joe4th

Very jealous. Have heard nothing but amazing things about them all.

bigmike and congruence like this.
  22. jaimej

Regular Prestigious

You will not be disappointed.

bigmike and congruence like this.
  23. MexicanGuitars

Went to Mikerphone tonight and the brews were dank. Haven't had a ton of NEIPAS but it reminded me a lot of Trillium

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Anyone else in the midwest area digging these limited edition Great Lakes Brewing Company can releases? Between the Blonde Ale, the Red Ale and the Turntable pils, it's all I've been drinking this summer.

bigmike and CarpetElf like this.
  25. Joe4th

If anyone wants to send me Treehouse beers for cold hard cash hit me up