Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 142

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I've heard of adding honey then, and that it will hopefully give more of the aroma. But I've also heard there's a small possibility of bugs being in the honey that can infect the beer. I'm pretty sure it's a really tiny chance but still possible.

2. jorbjorb

7 rings

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

4. jorbjorb

7 rings

irthesteve likes this.
  5. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Favorite non-San Diego west coast style Pale Ale's?

6. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Opened the BA Ten Fidy with my girlfriend that we have been saving since we bought it and I was searching for reasons to not give it a 5/5 but good christ I couldn't find a single one. Impeccable beer.

swboyd, nl5011, cubsml34 and 2 others like this.
  7. djwildefire

Trusted

Are you still interested in contains no juice from Alvarado street? Reason being I just moved to my apartment in the area today!

8. atlas

Trusted

Tried the Ballast Point Grapefruit flavor tonight and I enjoyed it so much I had many of them

semi related but I'm mildly drunk rn don't mind me

bobby_runs and cubsml34 like this.
  9. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Yes definitely. I'm not sure what I have to trade, but I could do some M-43 which is the best NEIPA in Michigan and the best non Hoof Hearted NEIPA in the Midwest, IMO. Also I have some Ellison who do some solid hoppy beers as well.

10. bobby_runs

Honestly might be my favorite beer. Easily top 2. I really have to control myself with them since it goes down so smooth for me.

11. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

I went on Boulevard's brewery tour this weekend and I almost cried. It was so cool and lots of free beer. We had the option to try some of their Tasting Room stuff. I chose their Extra Pale Ale and Spicy Rye Ale and damnnnn.

Also their Bourbon Barrel Quad is fucking ridiculous.

bigmike and cubsml34 like this.
  12. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Picked up a few DIPAs (Special Sauce w/ Ella Hops, Spacebar, Educated Fool) from Mikerphone in the suburbs here this weekend. I've only been able to crack open the Special Sauce so far. It was pretty dank in the best way. All the stuff I've had from them has been pretty solid so I'm starting to believe the local hype.

13. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Been dying to try more of their stuff. Had a couple of their stouts that were great.

14. bobby_runs

Finally found some Ghost Hammer IPA from Stone at Target. Probably gonna have some tonight. Also have the unfiltered Sculpin to try.

15. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I gotta get out to try this

16. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Would love to try some Mikerphone. Heard great things.
    Ghost Hammer was alright. Pretty floral, which isn't really my taste but solid.

17. djwildefire

Trusted

From what I can tell, their can releases are pretty limited and right now they don't have any contains no juice in cans but if you would be interested in other beers from them, I could send you those. I'm not sure when they'll have contains no juice cans next

18. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Founders ReDankulous is exactly that

19. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Contains no juice is all I've ever had from them, but I like nearly all beer. If you let me know what's readily available, I can let you know what I'd be interested in.

20. djwildefire

Trusted

Sure thing. I'm gonna be out of the country for a week and a half but I'll check out the upcoming can releases when I get back. I know their Lush West coast IPA is pretty readily available.

21. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Cool man, just let me know. Not looking for whales or anything, just happy to try beers I haven't had before. Let me know what you'd be looking for in return.

22. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Boulevard Radler is the perfect summer beverage

djwildefire likes this.
  23. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

racking up Dogfish Head Sea Quench's on the fourth, been really loving these recently.

djwildefire likes this.
  24. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Downed a Mikerphone Spacebar 750ml last night with dinner. Juicy DIPAs hit the spot on a summer day.

25. djwildefire

Trusted

Vacationing in Costa Rica, did not realize there was a craft beer scene here! I just had an AMAZING "Irish coffee" stout called pelafustan, a collaboration between 35 and Bora brewing. Ingredients include coffee, vanilla, and whiskey. If you ever find yourself in Costa Rica, drink this beer!