Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 132

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

breweries to check out in the burlington, vt and lake placid, ny area? already planning on going to alchemist. unsure of what else to check out.

2. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Otter Creek is about 30 mins or so from Burlington. Great brewery.

3. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I haven't been really paying attention to beer for a year or so now but hasKBS come and gone already?

4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

In Michigan, yes. April 1st for other states.

bigmike and imthesheriff like this.
  5. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

didn't even realize. thanks!

6. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Just had Four Peaks Hop Knot and O'Dell Brewings limited Experimental Pale Ale as well as their Red IPA seasonal.

All three were pretty damn good.

At my local Smith's grocery store they have a build your own 6 pack for 8.99 and it's the tits.

7. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Off the top of my head, I know of a few directly in Burlington and the surrounding area, most of which I've had beer from and are pretty dang good (Within an hour or so drive I think):

Foam
    Burlington Beer Co
    Farnham
    Fiddlehead
    Switchback
    Queen City
    Zero Gravity
    Von Trapp
    Frost
    14 Star
    Hill Farmstead (Probably a bit longer than an hour East. Sadly I've never been so not exaclty sure)

The Beverage Warehouse in Winooski is also a really good spot for cans/bottles of a good majority of the local beer too.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  8. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I hear great things about Hill. Gotta get up there sometime.

mattav152 likes this.
  9. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

We got this new brewery in town called Deep Brewing. Really great stuff.

10. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I'm hoping I finally do get there this summer. Its always been tough for me to make the trip out there when I already have to drive 5+ hours every time I go to Burlington. Luckily there's a handful of restaurants in the area that have their stuff rotating on tap. Would definitely love to get some bottles from them though. Right up there with Treehouse and Bissell Bros on my list of breweries I need to go to while I'm still living in New England

11. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

Hill Farmstead is on the list. We'll be making the drive out there - I'll let y'all know if it's worth it!

I've actually been to Beverage Warehouse (they're the reason I was able to get Heady Topper last summer before Alchemist reopened) and I'll check the others out. Thanks so much!

mattav152 likes this.
  12. jrock920

Regular

so what do you guys think of beers like henry's smiffoff and mike hard ?

13. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

I've got a buddy who uses Untappd but he only checks into Not Your Father's Rootbeer and all those other ones just listed. I don't know why you'd bother using Untappd if that was all you drank. Always makes me laugh when it pops up in my feed.

14. jrock920

Regular

what is untappd?

15. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

A beer app that you can track and post about beers you drink. Kinda like a small beer community app..

16. chewbacca110 Apr 1, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 1, 2017)
    chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

At my second KBS release day event of the day. First place sold out of their supply in 30 minutes but I was able to get it on tap. I'm in line for bombers at the second place.

EDIT: a bomber of 2017, 2 bottles of 2016.

People online are already complaining that 2017 is heavy on coffee and weak on bourbon. Whatever.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

18. JimmyIymmiJ

Just got home from a newish brewery that opened down the street from me. Arkane Aleworks. Best regular selection of sours I've had in Tampa Bay. Great stuff.

19. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Yoo anyone in Jersey/East PA needs to get to TROON brewery asap

Oddpac87 likes this.
  20. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

This this this this this

Kyle is hk likes this.
  21. JimmyIymmiJ

My dad gets in town today which means a delivery of all sorts of good stuff. He's coming from MI but always brings a bunch of stuff my cousins throw in from all over, usually including a good amount of Tree House and other NE stuff they trade for or get over there. No clue what's in this box but I'm really excited to find out.

Joe4th likes this.
  22. Kyle is hk

I hate Cherry and Coconut... and I fell in love with their Coconut Stout and Cherry DIPA

23. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

I went there two Saturdays in a row and now any time I leave my apartment around noon on a Saturday, my phone tries to give me directions to Troon and it's really hard to not just go, haha.

That coconut stout was great. As was the base version of it. Didn't have the cherry DIPA, but the pales/IPAs I have had have been wonderful too.

24. Kyle is hk

We did a flight of all 5 at Tavern and ended up getting 2 64s of vaporeave and 32 of the cherry. I'm already dying to go back...You gotta get that cherry haha

25. reid

@joemochas

i need to get there soon. maybe if i come down for the Run River North show in July at Local 662. I heard their berliners are killing it.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.