Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 130

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

The last time I had it on tap was beginning of February, and I loved it. I was genuinely surprised how good it was, and I wish it was easier to get out this way. Four packs were sold at a couple places and went within an hour or so. I want to try their other IPA, Boxer too.

2. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Boxer's great. If I get out to ON at any point in the future, I'll grab a couple of four pack so of each (assuming Boxer is there in cans; M-43 definitely is) and could send some to you. It's killer. Most people like Boxer more but I'd have to have them side by side.

Joe4th likes this.
  3. Picked up a 6 pack of Dogfish Head Flesh and Blood and Neshaminy Creek Shape of Hops To Come to celebrate the completion of my edTPA teacher certification assessment.

cubsml34 likes this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I had the Almanac/Stillwater one last night, it was pretty tasty and fruity but for dry hopping with 7 different hops, it wasn't really hoppy haha

5. alextisonfire

https://soundcloud.com/beerherepodcast Supporter

As someone who really liked Dogfish SeaQuench Ale, I was very happy to see them arrive in six packs of cans. Gonna be great to have around when the weather starts to warm up.

6. alextisonfire

https://soundcloud.com/beerherepodcast Supporter

Any love for Stillwater Extra Dry in this thread? Been enjoying it a lot lately.

7. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I'm sure it will turn out ok. Since you went too high on your OG you could have diluted with water to get t down to where you were supposed to be. It might be a little sweeter than expected since you had a higher OG and may have underpitched your yeast. If you don't reach your final gravity you could try throwing in a packet of dry yeast like US-05 to try and finish it out. No matter what as long as you sanitized everything you'll still have a drinkable beer, just might not be what you were planning on.

8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Alright beer nerds...any Las Vegas brewery recs? seems to be a decent amount of them.

9. jaimej

Regular Prestigious

It's one of my favorites ever, and the event is epic. You definitely need to go! Try to go next year, I'll def be there!

A lot of great stuff on that list. Any highlights? I mean obv Mornin' Delight, that beer is insane.

What did you think of the Casa Agria beer? We're good friends with one of the brewers, my husband hung around their booth for a lot of the day I'm sure haha.

10. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Have yall been up to Suarez yet? Thinking about driving up this spring sometime.

11. jaimej

Regular Prestigious

Yes! Let me know when you do, it's only about 45 minutes from me. He's making some great beer, not that that surprises anyone.

12. williek311

Oh nice, I was gonna say might crash at your place if I drive up :crylaugh:

jaimej likes this.
  13. jaimej

Regular Prestigious

Definitely! Now that we're no longer in Brooklyn we have guest bedrooms! haha

14. williek311 Mar 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 21, 2017)
    williek311

Was sipping on a Fonta Flora bottle last night called Land Trust. So good. Great funk. Also had an American Solera Tripel aged in sherry barrels, shit was too intense.

bigmike likes this.
  15. reid

@joemochas

Actually, Mornin' Delight was kind of a big let down. This was batch 3, but it was very thin and honestly, I've had better beers.

Cigar City's Xquic was amazing and a huge surprise by how good it was. I mean, it's literally Hunahpu with maple syrup and coffee added to it (and it wasn't advertised in the Huna Day stuff as being a Hunahpu base, but it is; and it definitely is being marketed that way today as it's today's growler Tuesday fill at the brewery - wish i was there).

Perrin's No Rules was fantastic, too. With them expanding into the Florida market, I'm hoping that comes with them.

Upland and Rare Barrel were both excellent. The Answer was ridiculously good (that Dead Thumb was great!). Garagiste... there's a reason they won best beer and best brewery that day with their meads. Hot damn.

Joe4th and JimmyIymmiJ like this.
  16. Joe4th

Hoping I can get some No Rules when it shows up in party stores. Can't make the Perrin release unfortunately. No Rules is one of my favorites, was the beer that got me into Perrin

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  17. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

No Rules is so good. The potential of getting it is the only reason I care about Perrin being in Florida now.

reid likes this.
  18. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Surprised about all the love for No Rules. I find it to be basically too sweet. It's sweeter than CBS and that's my sweetness maximum.

19. Joe4th

It definitely is a little too sweet for most. It was one of the first special release beers I ever managed to get, and I had it when I first got into beer, so I think I judge it differently due to that.

bigmike likes this.
  20. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Absolutely love No Rules. It is really sweet, but I have a soft spot for those stouts that taste like someone just bottled melted ice cream. Angry Chair makes some unbelievable stouts in the same style.

reid and Joe4th like this.
  21. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

It's very sweet, but one of my favorite stouts. I couldn't drink it too often, but with a bottle or two a year I love it.

22. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think it tastes like melted ice cream, I think it tastes like a bottle of sugar. To each there own though! (and i'll either buy a bottle or drink it when it's on tap in a few weeks)

23. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Tried Ballast Points 'Red Velvet' Nitro-
    Golden Oatmeal Stout with Beets and Chocolate.

Sounds a lot better than it tastes. You'd think it'd be super flavorful, but was light and very bland.

djwildefire likes this.
  24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I didn't find it that bland honestly, thought it was a really smooth and creamy stout, quite enjoyed it

25. reid

@joemochas

i really disliked that one. Founder's Frootwood, though... dang i liked that.

JimmyIymmiJ and nl5011 like this.