Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beatles Band • Page 30

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by therookielot, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

shoutout to the older woman as well who says she thinks the music is terrific

beachdude, phaynes12 and Wharf Rat like this.
  2. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

who among us

3. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

it's been said many times over the past week and possibly ITT but Glyn Johns really does look just like Cillian Murphy

4. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

[Paul McCartney fiddling around on a guitar and coming up with the riff to a hit song in 5min]

Me: looks easy enough, I could do that

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

him coming up with "Get Back" in Part 1 is truly amazing, I was absolutely floored. Like... the fact that before that very moment you see on screen, the song simply didn't exist at all. Then he just starts strumming a few chords and slowly coming up with little pieces.... just amazing

beachdude, Zilla and Wharf Rat like this.
  6. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Cannot stand the irony poisoned people responding to everyone’s enthusiasm about this with “Yeah, that’s how they write songs.” God forbid we ever wonder at the creation of art, man.

beachdude and Gianni28 like this.
  7. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Hilarious moment I haven’t seen anyone mention yet: 1:20:00 into part 3, John and Paul singing “Two of Us” through their teeth

8. irthesteve

I haven't seen anyone say that but I will be sure to continue not seeing that, haha

9. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i mean …. it is kind of how most songs are written, he’s strumming some chords on a bass and finds the melody. the difference is the level of the song that he’s crafting in that time frame. the impressive part is fleshing out the melody in that 30 second time frame. the bare bones instrumental part is pretty much how most songs are written though.

the coolest part to me was ringo hearing it for like twenty seconds and just immediately having the groove. that’s the shit that’s rare.

irthesteve likes this.
  10. irthesteve

Ringo's consistently in the series is amazing, he's just always doing the right thing without even saying a word

11. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

12. irthesteve

They were all visibly having SO MUCH fun playing that song, damn liars

Aregala and ChaseTx like this.
  13. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

That was in January when Paul first wrote it. The point when they got annoyed with it was when they spent several straight days on it in the summer

beachdude, neo506, Aregala and 2 others like this.
  14. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Here’s the thing though: it is a silly little song. But the final recorded version DOES sound absolutely immaculate

15. phaynes12

absolutely can’t have a song like all things must pass or old brown shoe on a record when you have maxwells silver hammer and you never give me your money, nooooo

16. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I mean I would be grinding my teeth to the bone too if I had written All Things Must Pass and the band shrugged it off after a few takes but I had to play fucking Maxwell's Silver Hammer over and over for weeks. just saying lol

17. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Mal Evans bringing over the anvil is one of the most wholesome and precious moments of the whole doc

18. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Mal really the best road manager stalling the cops too

19. phaynes12

shoutout to the dude working at apple just like uhhh yeah whatever dude

20. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

I can't get over how cartoonishly british the cops were

legit felt like a spoof

21. phaynes12

1. Something
    2. Here, There and Everywhere
    3. Yer Blues
    4. Old Brown Shoe
    5. Rocky Raccoon

Aregala likes this.
  22. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

This is tough, I just tried and I'm at about 15 contenders

Aregala likes this.
  23. phaynes12

the syncopated kinda feel to old brown shoe makes it such a delight

Aregala likes this.
  24. irthesteve

"i turned off the amp upstairs, but there's uh the other one downstairs I have to go to now"

Wharf Rat and Aregala like this.
  25. Surfwax Dec 3, 2021
    (Last edited: Dec 3, 2021)
    Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

It's not going on my list because it's a cover, but Anna (Go to Him) might make my top 5 beatles recording list. Just an unbelievable take of the song.

edit: and Baby It's You also. some great stuff on ppm

Aregala likes this.