Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beatles Band • Page 16

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by therookielot, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Im always humming "Martha My Dear."

2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Yellow Submarine is fucking wonderful and I will brook no aspersions on its character.

3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Both of these are great. Nice little surprise this morning

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Been on a Rubber Soul kick. Really makes a case for itself as one of their very best

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  6. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Definitely. White Album, Revolver, Rubber Soul are my constant faves, feels like everything else is what's subject to shuffling around depending on the day

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

a big ole dumb ass but abbey road is clearly their best imo

cshadows2887 likes this.
  8. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

my other favorite from their latter day material. the recent reissue is pretty sick, I spent a lot of time listening to the outtakes and the different versions of "I want you (she's so heavy)" were p rewarding in particular. George's songs on AR are both top ten songs in their catalog, pretty easily their most consistent post revolver album too

phaynes12 likes this.
  9. cherrywaves

Trusted

RIYL?

10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the rutles

cshadows2887 likes this.
  11. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

12. cherrywaves

Trusted

:O

13. cshadows2887

phaynes12 likes this.
  14. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Revolver is the one but man Abbey Road on any given day could be too

TSLROCKS likes this.
  15. Rowan5215

in reference to my previous comment I would like to note I just listened to "Something" on good headphones and this might be that given day. what an utterly perfect piece of music

16. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

imagine if they put another George song on there and yanked "Maxwell's silver hammer" tho... could've been a perfect album

Rowan5215 likes this.
  17. Rowan5215

yeah "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" is some bullshit, I don't know that I'd lose a single song from All Things Must Pass to replace it though... maybe "Old Brown Shoe"?

18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

i admire that you'd have to be persuaded to part with MAYBE one song on a triple record hahaha. I'd take literally any song from all things must pass, at least I would if it was like an alternate timeline where I hadn't heard it with all the songs it currently has

Rowan5215 likes this.
  19. cshadows2887

I love "Maxwell's". There's no part of the Beatles I can do without. Even the silly ones.

20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

silly is fine, I just don't think it's got much to offer on an album w otherwise impeccable highs. White is one of my favorite albums of all time but another one i could 10000% do without is "Revolution 9" which is undoubtedly one of my most hated songs. (part of it is the terror it instilled in me as a kid which still makes it impossible for me to listen to, but I think I would hate it anyway)

Rowan5215 likes this.
  21. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Revolver is my favorite with Sgt. Pepper’s and Rubber Soul at 2 and 3. If The White Album were a single LP it would be up there too, some of their best songs but a lot of filler.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  22. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

All of the weird stuff on White makes it my favorite of their’s. Especially with the remix.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  23. Rowan5215

not just any triple record hahah, mostly I just think ATMP is about as perfect an album that's ever been made and I wouldn't take anything away from it given the opportunity. (Especially because Lennon and McCartney were so much on their bullshit by the end that they would not have done justice to any of the songs)

24. Rowan5215

also yeah I like "Revolution 9" tbh, it's a cool vibe on headphones. on the other hand "Honey Pie" should have been burned in the fires of hades

25. Maverick

Trusted

All Things Must Pass is the best solo Beatles member album ever. It was like years and years of amazing built up creativity all released at once. I never listen to the last disc of jams though.