Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beatles Band • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by therookielot, Nov 17, 2016.

1. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Anyone read Rob Sheffield's Dreaming the Beatles? It's goddamn wonderful.

2. Poppy

I like The Beatles also, I like Follow The Sun, you can hear The Beatles played on Metro 2 Radio, why don’t we have a Radio Forum in order to discuss Radio stations?.

3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

4. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Could have went the rest of my life without knowing that information.

Larry David and ItsAndrew like this.
  5. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Been on a massive Beatles kick recently. Where can I hear the mono versions? I only have whatever Apple Music has.

6. Maverick

Trusted

No mono albums on any streaming services as of yet (Except their 1 album) I had to download mine through other means.

7. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

remix of the white album is out today along with the Esther House demos (acoustic versions worked out at George's House right after India) and some other random outtakes. pretty cool.

nl5011 and beachdude like this.
  8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The amount of outtakes that exist from the band's career overwelms me, I definitely want to hear all these though

waking season likes this.
  9. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Love the 12 minute blues jam that Helter Skelter started out as. Big fan of the esher demo of Yer Blues as well.

10. primavera

the esher while my guitar gently weeps really shows john and paul as being dumb as hell for not appreciating it until george brought clapton in

nl5011 likes this.
  11. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

While true, they all hated each other's guts at this point, which I feel is probably more to blame than them having a tin ear.

Same reason Lennon shit on every song Paul ever made in the Playboy and Rolling Stone interviews.

primavera, Larry David and irthesteve like this.
  12. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

That’s been disproved my multiple people that they did not hate each other’s guts.

13. primavera

by whom

there absolutely were fractures in the group. ringo and george each quit multiple times haha

Larry David likes this.
  14. irthesteve

I'm going to dive into the White Album 50th Anniversary tracks, and I see that Sgt Peppers has a 50th Anniversary Edition with alternate takes as well, but I can't tell if any earlier albums have recent deluxe editions like that. Anyone know?

15. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

sgt. pepper's was the first

irthesteve and Aregala like this.
  16. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Are there any others coming out? I love the two re-releases so far. They both sound incredible.

17. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i imagine they're gonna try to do this with abbey road. beyond that idk

18. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

There's a lot to unpack on this, very cool.

19. primavera

what’s everyone’s favorite white album song? i can’t choose between yer blues/while my guitar gently weeps/rocky raccoon.

20. irthesteve

I've always loved Happiness and Helter Skelter the most, but seem to be one of the few people who LOVES Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey. There's so many great songs though, I couldn't really pick favorites

primavera and TSLROCKS like this.
  21. Maverick

Trusted

Back In The USSR and Dear Prudence are probably my favorites. Helter Skelter too.

irthesteve likes this.
  22. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Listened to the Esher Demos for the first time yesterday and wow. Especially enjoyed, USSR, Prudence, Junk, and Happiness is a Warm Gun.

23. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

First time I listened to Back in the USSR was in my friends car about 15 years ago. MJ came along for the ride and we legit thought something was wrong with his car. Turns out it was part of the song lol

24. primavera

that song fucking owns

irthesteve likes this.
  25. Steve_JustAGuy Nov 14, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 14, 2018)
    Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

The Rock and Roll Circus version ruined the Beatles version of Yer Blues for me, so probably Helter Skelter.

primavera likes this.