Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beatles Band • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by therookielot, Nov 17, 2016.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

@EmmanuelSCastle How has this been going? Have you worked your way through the rest of the catalogue yet?

2. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  3. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

My Beatles kick hasn't worn off yet. Their entire discog is just amazing

The re-release of Sgt Pepper's sounds amazing too. I love the new mix

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

truelovewaits likes this.
  5. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

not yet; stalled out on going through because school got weirdly busy with only writing assignments all of a sudden and it's been eating a ton of my time on top of going back to work. been just listening to the first three in the interim, but i'll probably get back to it soon, esp with a reminder like this haha

6. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Was just listening to Magical Mystery Tour for the 150th time in the last 6 weeks and realized

I def need a montage video of phil jacksons tenure with the Knicks to the backing music of Fool on the Hill

Larry David likes this.
  7. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Been exploring some of George’s solo work over the past few weeks and they’re way better than I would’ve expected.

Living In The Material World and All Things Must Pass are both phenomenal albums

Larry David likes this.
  8. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

"Be Here Now" just levels me every time.

Larry David likes this.
  9. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

George basically has the best solo music of the four.

10. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

1. All Things Must Pass
    2. John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band
    3. Imagine
    4. Living in the Material World
    5. Somewhere In England

11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I think All Things Must Pass is the best post-Beatles album, but John is extremely consistent til his passing and has a TON of amazing songs, so I give him the edge. Paul being alive helps a lot too because he has had some major hits solo and with Wings which are all amazing as well. Uh, I love you Ringo :tear:

12. cshadows2887

A top 5 without Ram is banana sandwich

Blaine Ryan and Paul Beaumont like this.
  13. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Odd statement since banana sandwiches taste good and Ram is just mediocre.

14. irthesteve

Banana sandwiches are disgusting but Ram is solid

15. Paul Beaumont

Ram is probably my favourite post Beatles alongside All Things Must Pass.

16. Paul Beaumont

And Band On The Run.

17. Blaine Ryan

I’m at a point now where I’d take Macca’s solo stuff over the others in a heartbeat. Even if you cut his career off at John’s death, there’s a greater wealth of material there that I really like than John and George probably have combined.

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I definitely favor Paul, but that's also certainly got a lot to do with him being the only one alive out of him, George, and John. (I don't think anyone is arguing that Ringo has the best material out of the 4). Since I've actually gone to see him, I've taken more time to familiarize myself with his solo material than the others. All Things Must Pass is a great album though. I still need to dive more into John's stuff.

I'd go as far as to say that Ram and Band On the Run can both compete against most Beatles albums.

19. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I've only listened to Ram, Band on the Run, and All Things Must Pass

20. Paul Beaumont

I’d recommend checking Venus and Mars, Imagine and in fairness even though it’s the latest NEW has some incredible stuff if you were interested in seeing what Paul’s done most recently

ChaseTx likes this.
  21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Queenie eye queenie eye who's got the ball? I haven't got it! It isn't in my pocket!

22. irthesteve

NEW is one of the best late-career albums I've heard

23. cshadows2887

The title track would make a "Top 10 songs ever released by a septuagenarian" list for me, no question.

24. irthesteve

Gimme more from your list, I really haven't given much of my musical time to old people (am I a bad person?!!?)

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  25. cshadows2887

Gonna think on this for a bit actually. I hamstrung myself with the septuagenarian condition cause a lot of the stuff that jumps out at me was made when people were in their 60s. Haha

"You Are Not Alone" and "Losing You" by Mavis Staples would be locks. Trying to decide if "Doom and Gloom" by the Stones counts. Jagger was only 69, but Charlie Watts was in his 70s.

irthesteve and George like this.