Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beatles Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by therookielot, Nov 17, 2016.

1. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Ever since I got Apple Music, I've been trying to use it to it's full potential. Recently I took upon the task of listening to The Beatles core discography in chronological order. I'm about 9 albums deep now and I must say that either Revolver or Magical Mystery Tour is my fav so far.

This is fun though, I'm probably going to listen to more bands with this method. I love hearing the shift in their sound. It's like character development in a movie or something.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The absolute best.

Larry David likes this.
  3. zmtr

Trusted

Revolver >>>>>>>>>>

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Abbey Road is my fave, but their whole discography is amazing of course

EzeRojo and Matthewconte like this.
  5. zmtr

Trusted

Highly recommend "Eight Days A Week" directed by Ron Howard. It's a documentary about the touring years. What they did with the old footage is incredible.

kyle likes this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Revolver is probably my favorite too, Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band has too many silly songs

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

My favorite is a 4-way tie of Revolver, Rubber Soul, Sft Pepper and Abbey Raod

truelovewaits likes this.
  8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

who???

9. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I did this last year when they were all available to stream and it was great. I've never pretended to have The Beatles as one of my favorites, but Revolver is tremendous, probably my favorite. One of my favorite things to do is put on The Beatles radio station on Google and just get a shuffle of their whole catalog.

10. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

The white album is the best but Revolver and Abbey Road are very close. It's funny I feel like when I got into them in hs the popular music world opinion was that Sgt Pepper's was the best and Abbey Road a little embarrassingly cheeseball but it seems that has switched in recent years. I think the current thinking (AR>SP) is probably correct though it'd be closer had Strawberry Fields/Penny Lane made the album instead of being released as singles.

11. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Sometimes I have to just stop and marvel at how incredible "A Day in the Life" is

12. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Somehow I always passed on Revolver growing up. I recently gave it the time it deserves and I totally get it now. Tomorrow Never Knows has to be my favorite song by The Beatles and it's a perfect way to end this album.

13. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Rubber Soul is when the magic starts coming out.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  14. goation

Regular

One of my goals for this year is to pick 5 "classic" artists and go through their whole discography in this way. I've never listened to a whole album from them so this will be my first artist of the year to do.

15. cshadows2887

I like this post so much I had to quote it instead of just like it

iCarly Rae Jepsen and goation like this.
  16. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I did that with Kiss last year. I'd probably advise you stick with the Beatles though.

truelovewaits likes this.
  17. cshadows2887

Hey Destroyer and Alive! are really good and...yeah that's about it.

18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I grew up listening to The Beatles at a very young age. Ever since I can remember, really. My dad is OBSESSED with The Beatles, has every vinyl, tape, CD, etc. When I was a young boy, he used to sing me Rocky Raccoon before bed every night. When we got a dog, we named him Rocky. Growing up, our basement was just decked out in framed Beatles posters.

When I was a teenager, I took all his Beatles CDs and ripped them onto my computer and have since pretty much listened to their entire catalog on random so when people ask me what my favorite Beatles album is, I never know what to say, because I'm so used to just putting them on shuffle (I do have Abbey Road and White Album on vinyl).

I much prefer their darker sound to their poppier sound.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  19. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I'd argue for Destroyer, Love Gun and Kiss, but after those three (Alive too obviously) you're not really missing much.

20. cshadows2887

I like Love Gun, but it's not on par with the two I mentioned, imo. Have not heard the s/t

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

looks like we're getting a 50th anniversary edition of Sgt Pepper's

22. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Holy shit, I just got tickets to Paul McCartney. This won't feel real until I'm there

23. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

50 years of Sgt. Pepper's today

beachdude42 and truelovewaits like this.
  24. George

Trusted Prestigious

bachna84 and Aregala like this.
  25. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

George likes this.