Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Batman (Matt Reeves, March 4, 2022) Movie • Page 88

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Oct 4, 2016.

1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Finally some came up under #onesixthfly

2. drewinseries

Drew

I still watch the teaser on a weekly basis.

coleslawed, Jusscali and jkauf like this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Cameron likes this.
  4. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Leak that shit homie lol

coleslawed and Dan Quinlan like this.
  5. drewinseries

Drew

hopefully we will get another trailer soon, or official first trailer if DC fandoms was just a "teaser". either way, excited that the teaser was only based on 25% of principle photography.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

What if that's the best 25% of the movie though

drewinseries likes this.
  7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

8. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

Different script, different director, different cast, different cinematic universe... is it really the same movie?

coleslawed likes this.
  9. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Obviously nothing is the same besides the title. Point was just that it’s been a lot longer than I realized that a new stand alone movie had been announced.

FrankieThe4th likes this.
  10. Jbent

Trusted

I'm hoping that the reception of this movie will benefit from the same situation the nolan trilogy did as well - batman audiences are 100% on board for the next live action incarnation, whether they end up liking the film, actors, director ect. is a different conversation. I mean in 30 years since burton & keaton we have seen how many reboot/reimagining, spinoffs, animated content and blockbuster films? Val Kilmer was batman once, there is a Halle Berry catwoman flop out there somewhere, so I'm thinking even if this is decent (I think its goin to rule) people are ready for a page turn and pallet cleanser. I most definitely am

11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I would be extremely surprised if this turns out bad. I’m fairly confident this will be a Batman movie that will stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the best adaptations of the character.

12. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I think Batman works best when the adaptation comes off realistic, which is why Nolan’s are the gold standard currently. My one gripe with Nolan’s films are the supporting characters have terrrrrrible dialogue and are poorly acted. The “we should have a vote!” guy from the Ferry comes to mind.

13. tvck

Trusted

Imposter Batman would like a word.

Jbent and Kyle Max like this.
  14. tvck

Trusted

[​IMG]

phaynes12 and Kyle Max like this.
  15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Batman works best in a grounded setting because when you put him amongst cosmic threats and real superheroes it comes across as comical that he has nothing to really contribute (see: both versions of Justice League).

16. tvck

Trusted

I agree with this. He pretty much gets relegated to the guy who provides diversion tech for the other god-like heroes lol

jkauf likes this.
  17. Jbent

Trusted

The notion this will be grounded in reality yet feel different from nolan trilogy is what has me geeked up about it

+ got so much faith in Rob Patt to nail it

jkauf likes this.
  18. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

coleslawed, Kyle Max, Jbent and 2 others like this.
  19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the scene in neighbors discussing the batmen is perfect

BornToRun, Jusscali and tvck like this.
  20. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

For a guy who comes off as so exacting and such a perfectionist, I feel like these type of shots must be kicked off to like a B or C unit.

21. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Yup. It’s funny, I don’t know why my brain does it, but every time I hear one of these awfully acted lines in a Nolan movie, I just think of “Look Out! He’s got a knife!” from Austin Powers.

22. PauLo

43% Burnt

Lets not forget the excellent performance this guy gives...

[​IMG]

23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The closer this gets to the vibe of the Arkham games the more I will like it

That series may honestly be my favorite interpretation of a ton of Batman characters

Dodge725, mattav152 and Jbent like this.
  24. Jbent

Trusted

I'd love this series to do a film with hugo strange as main antagonist eventually. I'm all set for my lifetime on the joker. The pool of characters is deep but we seem to just keep getting repurposing of the same handful of villains skimmed off the top because marketing, advertising, name recognition ect. I understand audiences love familiar faces but I think this production team could potentially nail some obscure choices while having commercial appeal

RobbieBerns and awakeohsleeper like this.
  25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

joker sells, baybeeeee

they also did like four movies in a row with no joker. the best two have a joker. i agree they’ve diluted the product but when it’s done well, there is no better foil to a hero in DC

coleslawed, PauLo and jkauf like this.