Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Batman (Matt Reeves, March 4, 2022) Movie • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I meant more pretending Joker's design never happened, not the events of SS. Just, for the next time the Joker is onscreen, removing most, if not all of the tattoos, changing his clothing so he doesn't look like he bought a pimp costume at a Halloween store in 2002, getting rid of the iced out grill, and just moving on from there without referencing he used to look like he came from the Juggalo DCU.

2. Davjs

Trusted

Ah, gotcha. The only thing I'd like to keep is the grill, but only if they state somewhere that its from Batman knocking out his teeth.

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

That's fair, but I still struggle to believe that he has what it takes to pull off the Joker. Maybe if they undid the Suicide Squad Joker like you said and crafted a version more in line with Leto's strengths, but then I worry that it'd end up too much like some sort of vanilla parody of Ledger's Joker.

If major retcons aren't on the table, I honestly still advocate them doing the whole DC Rebirth reveal of there being more than one Joker, lol. Not that they need to have a scene where Batman tells Alfred that there are 3 Jokers and shows those three specific iterations or whatever, but rather just casually include a new version played by a new actor in some future movie. I don't think there being multiple people who took on the mantle really needs explained, nor does who the original was: Just say that there was once a Joker or an urban legend of one, and now people here and there pop up using that image to cause chaos.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Davjs

Trusted

I think that's why they went so extreme. The general public was going to compare no matter what.

Your Rebirth Joker situation would be cool, but I think would confuse too many casuals. If they actually get his Batman movie done and expand the world more though, I'd be open to the possibility down the road.

5. drewinseries

Drew

Ledgers Joker was so behind the scenes manipulative that I liked the more in your face crazy Leto had. I think with some costume redesigns and more/better worthwhile screen time he can do it.

As a huge fan it's hard to watch Warner been given so many great things (Affleck, Gadot, Robbie) and keep fucking it up.

6. Davjs

Trusted

I agree. If you look at the cast and crew for all these movies since Man of Steel, the end result should all be home runs. WB is really is screwing this up bad with how reactionary they are and not sticking to their plan.

7. Nathan

I wouldn't want Joaquin Phoenix to waste his talents in the DCU, or really any comic book movies, nor do I imagine he's all that interested, but he'd be an incredible Joker (caveat: he's incredible at everything)

SpyKi, iCarly Rae Jepsen and Aregala like this.
  8. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Joaquin the god

Nathan likes this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Nathan likes this.
  10. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, I remember hearing J Phoenix wasn't feeling signing a multi picture contract.

I love Michael Shannon, but I don't know if I want my Joker thhaaat crazy :-)

11. Nathan

After seeing Split, James McAvoy can balance the hamminess/inner turmoil of a Joker. He'd've been great.

SpyKi likes this.
  12. Davjs

Trusted

I've heard so much good stuff about Split, I'll probably give M. Night another chance.

13. Davjs

Trusted

Come on guys, I know everyone wants to sign it :-)

Warner Bros.: Let Zack Snyder direct The Batman

"Really, it's a no-brainer. Zack Snyder's commitment to source material, extraordinary visual style, and previous experience in the DCEU makes him the ideal candidate, especially when you factor in the influence Ben Affleck is still going to have on the film's story and dialogue. The two working together just might make the best comic book film we've seen yet."

14. I love MoS and BvS, but no thanks.

15. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Snyder is a big part of the problem with the DCEU so far. I don't want him to direct anymore DC Movies.

16. Davjs

Trusted

Haha I posted it as a joke, I know everyone's feelings with him. I will say that he set up such a cool world with BvS, even though it had story issues. I also loved Man of Steel and his movies before that, so I still think he has a good one in him. Lets be honest, we all loved Batman in BvS and the fight scenes are all what we wanted to see. I would be shocked if they chose him, but I wouldn't be mad.

17. Davjs

Trusted

If you have been following the news, WB not having direction is what is wrong and Snyder is one of many casualties in their mess.

18. My few problems with BvS were more with the writing than Snyder's direction, though I'm sure he influenced the writing as well. He's got a visual style that's suited for big movies like BvS and JL but not for something that should be more grounded like a solo Batman movie.

Davjs likes this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

It's not like Snyder is the only one who can bring us scenes like the Warehouse fight, but if this movie doesn't end up having any of that, I'm going to be "I told you so" forever on here.

20. Nathan

I can't wait for the superhero movie that has almost no superheroing in it. Like the current Zdarsky Star-Lord run, just a movie about a superhero in relatively grounded, human situations.

21. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Give me suburban Vision and the Scarlet Witch.

SpyKi and coleslawed like this.
  22. drewinseries

Drew

You and me pretty much 100 percent agree.

Snyder is a great visual artist, and I think it bodes well for the heroes DC has, but as a story teller...

Joe likes this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

24. Davjs

Trusted

WBs incompetence is killing me. Are they really wasting such a cool world with the coolest renditions of these characters we've gotten?

25. drewinseries

Drew

I can't stand it man. I do think they have designed a really cool world, such a shame to see it go this way. Although I did enjoy BvS