Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Batman (Matt Reeves, March 4, 2022) Movie • Page 56

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Oct 4, 2016.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

YES

2. phaynes12

rumors for who peter sarsgaard is playing?

3. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Thomas Wayne

4. phaynes12

oooooh. saw dent too. would be fine with either, though i'd prefer to not see the shooting again

5. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I really wanted Mac to get Dent lol shucks.

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Given the nature of this story with all the villains present and the rumored Long Halloween inspiration, Dent is a natural fit for it. Could definitely see Sarsgaard playing Dent and getting set up to be Two-Face in the future. Seems like that Maggie Gyllenhaal Instagram post sort-of confirmed it too unless that was intentional misdirection.

7. PauLo

43% Burnt

Damn, didn't know it had started filming. Actually mildly excited about this haha

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It looks like this film may not be set in the 90s after all.

9. Jusscali

??

10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The "Gotham Action News 4" vans that have been spotted also advertise a "HD Live" broadcast which points to The Batman being set in the mid to late 2000s at the earliest.

It was rumored for quite a while that this could be taking place in the 90s.

11. Jusscali

Nice catch. Shitty ass cars still lol just the ghetto then?

12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The original batmobile from the ‘89 film

055B917C-C682-48EE-A91F-E281652ACB54.jpeg

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

thedrudo, justin., jkauf and 3 others like this.
  14. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Imagine we’ll be seeing the suit and/or Batmobile in the next couple/few weeks.

drewinseries and thedrudo like this.
  15. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

You can't hide the suit but it'll be cool if they don't show the batmobile at all before the movie

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

can imagine wb pressuring reeves to show both

17. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Probably impossible this day and age with location shooting and the internet.

18. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

easy enough to avoid

...unless one of you dinks posts it here

coleslawed, Greg and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Wait...they just started filming? I thought they’ve been filming?

20. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I dunno, it’d be annoying to see the Batmobile as a toy before seeing the real thing, & it’d be foolish to not have a Batmobile toy in stores, ready to buy when the film comes out.

If we want maximum impact, an end of trailer reveal would be the best route to go.

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  21. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I'm more surprised that they're starting to film this early actually considering how long we were getting casting updates

22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I've never had anything spoiled for me by a toy other than when people post a link here that I would voluntarily click. I really feel like it's easy to avoid spoilers if you aren't willingly looking for information, unless somebody is just being an asshole.

coleslawed likes this.
  23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'm sure that won't be the final logo but it gives me BTAS vibes, so that makes me excited

24. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

BURBANK, Calif.–Principal photography has begun on Warner Bros. Pictures’ “The Batman.” Director Matt Reeves (the “Planet of the Apes” films) is at the helm, with Robert Pattinson (upcoming “Tenet,” “The Lighthouse,” “Good Time”) starring as Gotham City’s vigilante detective, Batman, and billionaire Bruce Wayne.

Starring alongside Pattinson as Gotham’s famous and infamous cast of characters are Zoë Kravitz (“Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald,” “Mad Max: Fury Road”) as Selina Kyle; Paul Dano (“Love & Mercy,” “12 Years a Slave”) as Edward Nashton; Jeffrey Wright (the “Hunger Games” films) as the GCPD’s James Gordon; John Turturro (the “Transformers” films) as Carmine Falcone; Peter Sarsgaard (“The Magnificent Seven,” “Black Mass”) as Gotham D.A. Gil Colson; Jayme Lawson (“Farewell Amor”) as mayoral candidate Bella Reál; with Andy Serkis (the “Planet of the Apes” films, “Black Panther”) as Alfred; and Colin Farrell (“Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them,” “Dumbo”) as Oswald Cobblepot.

Reeves and Dylan Clark (the “Planet of the Apes” films) are producing the film, with Simon Emanuel, Michael E. Uslan, Walter Hamada and Chantal Nong Vo serving as executive producers. Reeves’ behind-the-scenes creative team includes Oscar-nominated director of photography Greig Fraser (“Lion,” upcoming “Dune”); his “Planet of the Apes” production designer, James Chinlund; editors William Hoy (the “Planet of the Apes” films) and Tyler Nelson (“Rememory”); Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Dan Lemmon (“The Jungle Book”); Oscar-nominated SFX supervisor Dominic Tuohy (“1917,” “Star Wars: Episode IX – The Rise of Skywalker”); Oscar-nominated sound mixer Stuart Wilson (“1917,” the “Star Wars” franchise); Oscar-winning costume designer Jacqueline Durran (“1917,” “Little Women,” “Anna Karenina”) and costume designers Glyn Dillon (the “Star Wars” franchise) and David Crossman (“1917,” the “Star Wars” franchise); hair designer Zoe Tahir (upcoming “No Time to Die,” “Spectre”); and Oscar-nominated makeup designer Naomi Donne (“1917”).

Batman was created by Bob Kane with Bill Finger. Based on characters from DC, “The Batman” is set to open in theaters June 25, 2021, and will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures.

25. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

My favorite part of that post is Glyn Dillon, ‘cause I’m weird, lol. Love his art so much. Finally read his graphic novel The Nao of Brown the other day, which is gorgeous. He’s actually the artist who designed Kylo Ren’s mask, & also worked on Rogue One. (And, he’s the younger brother of the late comic book artist Steve Dillon.)