Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Batman (Matt Reeves, March 4, 2022) Movie • Page 52

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Oct 4, 2016.

1. BackyardHero11

Trusted

love Colin Farrell, definitely on board for him being any role. I think this could work really well. I don't think Penguin needs to be bigger, but he did gain wait on The Lobster if people want a reference.

2. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

is the penguin always.. penguin shaped? i’m playing the telltale series rn and the penguin is a younger thin dude

coleslawed and BackyardHero11 like this.
  3. drewinseries

Drew

I'm down for the penguin just being a good criminal character. There are aspects I feel are important like him being the "anti-Bruce Wayne" and his family being a darker side of what the Waynes could have been. But I don't think I need someone short and stout to make it a good character. Granted the Arkham games version is short and stout, but that vibe works well.

Zach and coleslawed like this.
  4. I liked Penguin in Gotham.

coleslawed and BackyardHero11 like this.
  5. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Yeah Penguin in Gotham is amazing

6. Kuri44

I only watched the first two seasons of Gotham, and I couldn’t stand the way Penguin looked, so dumb.

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Hate-watched Gotham for like a season and a half before I decided to stop wasting my time. Absolutely terrible show.

Kuri44 likes this.
  8. Yeah even comparing it to other superhero shows it's pretty bad. (It's entertaining because it knows exactly what it is and just goes bonkers with it, but yeah, it's not good.) I found the actor's portrayal of Penguin compelling, though.

coleslawed and Kuri44 like this.
  9. Gotham was batshit bonkers insanity and hilarious, and its version of Penguin was pretty entertaining. I will never revisit it, but it played with the mythology and took risks for better or worse, so I appreciate it for that much.

10. drewinseries

Drew

I stopped when the dude killed people by attaching balloons to them.

Barresi likes this.
  11. I made it half way through the first episode before bailing.

12. There are much better shows to spend your time on for sure.

drewinseries likes this.
  13. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Gotham wasn’t amazing but it was fun how they played with origins of the villains and whatnot. They just always got rid of the most interesting ones after like three episodes and kept the boring ones for like two seasons

Joe likes this.
  14. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I had a great time with Gotham. I appreciated when it picked its tone after season 1 and ran with it. I enjoy the kind of cheese and over the topness of it. I didn't love everything and they pushed it with the "characters never stay dead" even for comic book standards haha, but a fun elseworlds experience.

Joe and Zach like this.
  15. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. I think I do somewhere too.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  18. drewinseries

Drew

I also think Walter Goggins could be a really cool Batman villain. I could see him as Mad Hatter, Penguin, Riddler.

coleslawed and imthesheriff like this.
  19. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Omg Walton Goggins as Riddler.

“BAT-MAN (Givens), do I have a riddle for you!”

drewinseries likes this.
  20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

PLEASE

drewinseries likes this.
  21. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

coleslawed and Jason Tate like this.
  22. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

If this does become a trilogy, I would really like to see Robin again.

23. The only reason I don’t is because of how perfect Dick and Jason have been done on Titans. It’s the Robin I’ve always wanted to see and I don’t think it could be topped.

drewinseries likes this.
  24. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I have to check that out. It’s kind of crazy it’s been 22 years since we’ve seen him on the big screen, considering we’ve had like 45 Jokers haha

edit: now i’m trying to think who i’d even want as Robin. Timothee Chalamet maybe?