Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Batman (Matt Reeves, March 4, 2022) Movie • Page 50

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Oct 4, 2016.

1. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Michael Giacchino is scoring.

Love him but this somehow feels ... odd?

2. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Ugh...that really bums me out. I don’t like Giocchinos work really. I find his scores to be so traditional and bland honestly. Only have liked his Mission Impossible/Incredibles scores.

3. Makes sense to work with Reeves again. Something like the Bad Times... score would be awesome.

coleslawed and scottlechowicz like this.
  4. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

5. Dodger

Both Spider-Man MCU movies, Doctor Strange, Star Trek trilogy, and both Jurassic Worlds. Do people really love these scores? I think they are so tame and uninspired. There’s nothing from those scores that take those respective movies to another level. There’s no theme (minus the recycled ones from other composers) that I could recall from any of them and I remember watching those movies and just feeling like the music failed to accentuate so many big moments.

I get people love him and I’m in the minority but it’s just how I feel. To be fair I have to relisten to his Apes work.

Considering the type of movie this movie is shaping up to be I would’ve rathered someone else.

tomdelonge and Victor Eremita like this.
  6. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

The first Star Trek score is perfection. So are the scores for the Incredibles, UP, and Ratatouille. His LOST score is pretty damn iconic.

I also happen to think the Rogue One score is also very, very good.

7. Dog with a Blog

The War for the Planet of the Apes score is so god damn good. The last minute of this feels so classic, like something out of Lawrence of Arabia

And the LOST score turns me into a puddle

8. Giacchino often does "hired hand" work, but he's good when he wants to be. His Apes score is great.

9. Dog with a Blog

And given how well he’s gelled with Reeves in the past, I think he’ll pump out something really great.

coleslawed and Dodger like this.
  10. Dodger

Even though I didn’t love Rogue Ones score he also only had a month so I don’t blame
    Im for that and even in there there are moments I absolutely love.

Haven’t heard LOST or his other Pixar stuff in awhile. I def don’t think he’s bad or anything, and once again I did really like his spy-inspired stuff like Incredibles and M:Impossible but from what I’ve watched so far his stuff just doesn’t do much for me.

Def rooting for him to prove me wrong. Would def prefer a more somber/subtle type score like that POTA track posted instead of trying to match the bombast of the Zimmer Dark Knight score

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  11. Dog with a Blog

Check out the track Moving On from the LOST score

12. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Beyond is pretty incredible at times too.

13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I don't think I've ever noticed a movie score being bland or mediocre, I basically only actively notice it when it's attention-grabbingly good lol

14. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Same. The score is something that I pick up more on the second time through a movie. On first watch, anything flashy or obvious I’ll hear, but if there is more going on with the characters that’s what I pay most attention to. So I don’t always truly hear the score on that first watch.

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

0PN for the score you cowards

Fronnyfron and Cameron like this.
  16. flask

Trusted Supporter

Walking in to all these fools hating on Giacchino.

[​IMG]

coleslawed and justin. like this.
  17. Dodger

I think I was the only fool

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Is this My Chemical Romance or Paramore

19. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Both are equally wack

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed and JeanRalphio like this.
  21. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Oh fuqqqqq yes

22. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

fantastic

23. [​IMG]

24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Wasn't that announced a long time ago? I think I've known that for like a month at least unless I'm psychic

coleslawed and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  25. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

We deserve Mr. Freeze in this