Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Batman (Matt Reeves, March 4, 2022) Movie • Page 40

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

He kinda bugged me in We Need to Talk About Kevin.

Movie was great, though.

2. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Bummer

3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

coleslawed and I Am Mick like this.
  4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

nuff said

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Dodger, coleslawed, jkauf and 6 others like this.
  6. Omni

Regular

I hope that means we get a bunch of cameos from various members of his rogues gallery.

Which villains do you guys wanna see most in the new trilogy? For me it's Riddler and Mr. Freeze. Both great characters that deserve a re-do.

EDIT: also would love to see Catwoman again but she's not really a villain

7. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Red Hood, Poison Ivy, and Man-Bat

Omni likes this.
  8. Omni

Regular

I'm a Robin guy so I'd love Red Hood as well.

ghostedaway likes this.
  9. Pseudo!

Regular

I'd love to get clayface

Jusscali, ghostedaway and Kuri44 like this.
  10. Anthony_ likes this.
  11. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Good Time is required viewing for everyone ITT.

12. BackyardHero11

Trusted

13. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I HATE the hudgens casting :/

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  14. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

Is DC ditching the shared universe thing and just giving us better stand alone stories now? Because they should ditch the shared universe and just make better stand alone stories.

Jusscali likes this.
  15. Zach

Trusted Supporter

If they are going to, they should use Aquaman as a reboot of sorts and just start from there, do Wonder Woman 1984, and go from there. Wouldn’t mind if they looped in the new Joker movie as well cause I love Joaquin and would like to see another talented actor in the role instead of Leto.

Would make it really easy, cause then we’d just need a Flash and Cyborg movie, which one could be made while Batman is being developed as well, and the other one of those could get a stand-alone after the team-up movie. Idk I’m not big on DC outside of Batman/Joker, so that might not even work.

They have the ability to do it justice now, but if they are going to do a universe type thing, they need to get it moving right now

16. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Why would they need to do a shared universe right now? Rushing it didn’t work before.

17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Just do stand alone movies. Bring in talented writers/directors to make movies in their own style. Marvel has perfected their formula and universe, don’t compete with that. Be the arthouse of super hero movies. Let Malick do a Martian Manhunter movie. Let Jim Hosking make the wierdest Flash movie you'll ever see. Hire Edgar Wright to make a movie and actually let him make the movie.

I especially want these Batman movies to be stand alone. I don't want to see Leto's joker anywhere near this shit

18. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I’m saying set it up over the next two to four years. You already have Aquaman and Wonder Woman, and Batman ready. Plenty of time to get Flash/Cyborg stuff started before they wait too long again and it is weird again.

Not saying it needs to be next year, just saying if they are going to attempt it, now is better than in another five years.

Any superhero movie is going to have to compete with Marvel on some level. DC has a lot to work with to make it interesting

19. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

A gritty detective who dresses in a costume is already a bit of a stretch, but if he gets stumped and calls up a man from the bottom of the ocean I'm not going to be thrilled. The Nolan trilogy probably spoiled us, but I just want these to be great crime/mystery stories that happen to have a super hero and super villain(s)

jkauf, awakeohsleeper and coleslawed like this.
  20. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

Yeah I prefer unrelated movies at this point. Give us a bunch of different and weird movies without a basic shared universe formula

jkauf and I Am Mick like this.
  21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The more and more directors and production companies force these kind of movies to have to fit together in some big cinematic universe, the less I get interested in them. It makes them feel like art by committee than an actual vision by different creative people. Too cookie cutter that doesn't leave room for originality and experimentation.

JeanRalphio, jkauf and I Am Mick like this.
  22. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

23. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Who da fuck is firefly...I think if they are going to detective route, Riddler is a good choice. I'm sick of seeing the same MFs though.

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Guy that has a jet pack and flamethrower pretty much

25. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Mr. Freeze is so dumb but I need him.