Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Batman (Matt Reeves, March 4, 2022) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Doesn't really seem surprising either way.

2. Chummel

This Must Be My Dream

I'll take this rumor with a grain of salt because hasn't Ben stated numerous times that the script isn't completely done yet?

3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I mean, it being a mess means it fits right in with the DCEU. So this would make perfect sense.

But I personally hope it's not true. I have hopes that Ben can give us a great movie.

4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Honestly, I could see that making this more reputable, like at least half true. Especially thinking about "Sad Affleck" and rumors that he tried to fix BvS during filming. I bet the script is pretty rough right now due to Johns and Affleck not being done, but they're gonna work hard on it; meanwhile, the studio probably doesn't give a crap about the script.

Though, yeah, it could also be nothing.

Chummel and coleslawed like this.
  5. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Tim like this.
  6. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Joe Mangelinakliladklo was on a local sports radio show today and talked about this movie and said it's different than any other batman movie and will change what people think about batman movies or something like that.

7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Did he have anything else to say? That sounds exactly like something I would expect them to say.

8. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I hope he means that this is secretly a Magic Mike XXL sequel

9. Davjs

Trusted

As much as I'm dying to see this movie, It'd be worth it just to see the reaction of this being a secret Magic Mike 3.

10. drewinseries

Drew

Everything about this movie needs to remain quiet until they have something to say. I feel like it's so much the anticipation of Batfleck since most people only really enjoyed that part of the DCEU so far.

11. imthegrimace

The host said he heard there was a bunch of villains and then Joe said that he couldn't really comment on that but that he is THE villain in it. So take what you want from that.

airik625 likes this.
  12. Tim

I wouldn't mind them giving Deathstroke an almost Bane-esque approach, where he's the ultimate foil to Batman both physically and mentally and where he uses a slew of rogues to wear Batman down. I've suggested similar things nonstop, lol, but use something like that to throw in a ton of random Gotham villains, both big and small, without wasting time fleshing them out (specific villains included in this minor capacity can always be expanded upon later). Though, this approach would likely work even better if we let at least one additional member of the Bat-family exist (at least Nightwing; I'd selfishly LOVE to see Batgirl, too) so that we could get that whole angle of Batman wanting to fight alone and reluctantly relying on help in the end.

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

After The Killing Joke, I don't trust this.

14. Tim

I'm not gonna stop rooting for my fav DC character to appear on the big screen... but thanks for making me scared of how it'll happen, jerk. lol. Hopefully whoever writes her first appearance doesn't worship Killing Joke!

Henry likes this.
  15. Davjs

Trusted

They've done Batgirl really well in everything else but The Killing Joke, so I wouldn't worry too much. Do you guys think sidekicks will show up in the DCEU? I think they have wayyy too much story to tell just introducing the JL and villains. If we see sidekicks, I wouldn't think it'd be until about JL 2 or after. I could really only see it sooner if Cyborg movie becomes a Titans movie, but isn't that not slated until like 2020 or something?

16. Greg

They have already introduced Robin. We assume he is dead, but they could bring him back and just say he was severely injured. I don't think they confirmed a death, we just saw the costume, correct?

17. Davjs

Trusted

I guess I should have clarified "active" sidekicks. I think the Robin suit is a throwback/easter egg to fans and also exposition on one of the reasons why Batman was so on edge in BvS, but won't serve a real purpose. I'm pretty sure it's come out that Joker and Harley had killed Robin. I think in the SS character bios that pop up for a min, they state in Harley's that she helped Joker do it.

18. Tim

I'm guessing Dick is currently Nightwing, Jason is currently dead (or believed dead), and Tim hasn't been recruited yet.

Greg likes this.
  19. Greg

I forgot about the SS Easter egg in Harley's bio or whatever. So, some Robin probably did die, or believe to have died.

I can easily see DC throwing sidekicks in. They absolutely shouldn't at this point, but I would not be surprised.

20. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Tim and airik625 like this.
  21. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

lol. Why would anyone agree to something that isn't?

23. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Happens a lot. Especially in big blockbusters.

Greg, Letterbomb31 and Davjs like this.
  24. imthegrimace

It's more he won't do it if he isn't satisfied with the script and everything. He doesn't want to make a shitty rushed movie.

airik625 likes this.
  25. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious