Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Batman (Matt Reeves, March 4, 2022) Movie • Page 37

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Oct 4, 2016.

1. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Female Riddler and/or Penguin would be really cool actually.

I'd just like to see the Riddler again.

2. Harry Potter as Riddler would work for me.

3. smoke4thecaper

Oooooh I like that. Paul Dano would make a good villain somewhere, too. But yeah, give me Radcliffe facing off with Pattinson.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

lol look at these fucking nerds

coleslawed, Joe4th and Jason Tate like this.
  5. smoke4thecaper

How progressive, they go after men being cast in comic book movies too :eyeroll:

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen and jkauf like this.
  7. Omni

Regular

I have no doubt in my mind that most of the fanboys pissed about this casting now are going to end up loving what he brings to the character. Just makes all of the outrage funny to me.

8. Are they just not paying attention? Like, I somehow haven't seen the dude in anything since HP, but I know he's been in a ton of indie movies. Can't just go off of, like, Oh that's the guy from Twilight he has no talent. Yeah well KStew is the best, fuck you know.

coleslawed, Omni and michael_gatto like this.
  9. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It would be great if they came up with a brand new villain.

Dodger and Jusscali like this.
  10. Omni

Regular

You mean one that hasn't been in a movie or a completely original one? Creating an entirely new character would be a weird move because Batman has a long list of great villains who haven't been used in film yet.

coleslawed and Letterbomb31 like this.
  11. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

This thread has me reminiscing about the numerous The Dark Knight threads we had on AP.

12. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

People online disliked Ledger’s casting as the Joker and look how that turned out.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  14. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

People online disliked Leto's casting as the Joker and look how that turned out.

Omni, angel paste and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  15. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

How can we get Jeff Goldblum in this thing?

Davjs, Leftandleaving and Jusscali like this.
  16. flask

Trusted Supporter

Bummed I missed the HP bashing.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

He could be Alfred. Like an eccentric, fuckable Alfred

18. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s why it would be interesting. We’ve seen the same characters in these things for decades now and I think it would be cool if they came up with a brand new eccentric villain.

19. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

It's weird that people don't like that casting choice. Is it because he starred in a movie marketed towards young women? That's dumb.

20. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I don’t remember near as many people complaining about Leto as much as Ledger. If I remember correctly most people didn’t start to complain about Leto until photos of that Joker leaked online.

21. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Well if history is any indication, he’ll fare as well as those other teen heartthrob washouts DeCaprio and Gosling.

22. Kuri44

Scrap everything and just make a direct sequel to Batman Forever called Whatever, Batman Forever and Ever

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

24. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Apparently he’s really good in The Lighthouse too.

phaynes12 and Jason Tate like this.
  25. smoke4thecaper

These fucking incels obsessed with comic book movie casting all need to go fuck each other. Like, how pathetic and unfulfilling is your life to start petitions for non-issues like this? Rhetorical, bc I already know they’re just a buncha dumb dorks.