Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Batman (Matt Reeves, March 4, 2022) Movie • Page 25

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

How is having Matt Reeves write/direct not the same thing?

Also I’d personally prefer a Reeves blockbuster than an Affleck one.

2. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I said I was very excited to see what Matt Reeves is gonna do. He's a very strong filmmaker. I just prefer Ben Affleck's movies to his and I thought he was a great Batman.

awakeohsleeper and Davjs like this.
  3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

It would've been an interesting experiment to see what a big budget comic book film written by, directed by, and starring one person would've looked like, but I'm also not overly disappointed in that not happening. This "Dark Detective" take will probably be better than the Snyder-flavored Batfleck vs Deathstroke, even if that also would've been a fun addition to Batman's film canon.

4. Tim

"If Greg Land were to draw Batman, he definitely would trace Ben Affleck." - Joe Starr, Screen Junkies

lol.

5. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It really seemed like Affleck was stretching himself thin, between the Justice League stuff, "The Accountant," the films he was writing and directing and stuff going on in his personal life.

"Live By Night" has pretty much been forgotten by everyone, but that really showed how tired he was. Great cast, but was a total mishmash.

6. Let's get an actor in his mid-20s and lean heavily on that Batman: Year One vibe.

7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Eric Andre for Joker

GrantCloud, tvck and Davjs like this.
  8. tvck

Trusted

coleslawed, Joe4th and tdlyon like this.
  9. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

neo506 and Tim like this.
  10. Tim

I like that this ended with this:

If only we lived in a world where Marvel would make a Nighthawk movie.

Speaking of black analogues to iconic superheroes, I don't know the current rights situation for Milestone Media (I know some of Dwayne McDuffie's characters are in the Young Justice cartoon, but I think his widow sued some comic creators who wanted to relaunch the comics w/out his estate's permission). But, man, an Icon film would be so cool. If they started with a Static film (name recognition), then followed it up w/ Icon starring, like, Idris Elba, they could have such a great cinematic universe.

11. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It seems the only source is a dude who does fan art on the internet? Doesn't seem too strong. I love Robert Pattinson, and I could see him as Bruce but not as Batman

13. Davjs

Trusted

The hate that Affleck, Keaton and Ledger got after their announcements is going to pale in comparison to what this guy gets if it's true. I could see it though.

justin. likes this.
  14. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Legit I like almost everything he's done that isn't the Twilight movies.

15. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

#batmendontsparkle

16. More people should watch Good Time.

17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I would be down.

18. Anthony_

Not even DC/WB's execs could be that stupid. No way. He's a good actor but not right for this role at all.

19. Davjs

Trusted

I beg to differ, they went out of their way to botch their would be billion dollar team up movie with three characters everyone on earth knows and loves.

20. Anthony_

Handing the reigns of the franchise to Zack Snyder was a supremely stupid thing to do, however at least Snyder could kind of sort of fit the role from having directed blockbusters before. Pattinson is just so wrong for this character that it's an insane idea to even suggest it. He's shown himself to be a very good actor over the last few years but not for this.

21. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Please god no

22. He’s not my first choice, but he’d be good. The dude can act. He’s got the right body shape and age.

People that have only seen Twilight need to branch out. He’s been making really interesting choices with really good directors. ‘High Life’ looks incredible.

23. Davjs

Trusted

As a Snyder fan, I think messing with his movies so drastically pre and post production is what went really wrong, but either way in both of our views WB was stupid enough to mess up a sure thing haha. I don't know enough about Pattinson to have an opinion on him really.

24. Anthony_

Watch Good Time and The Lost City of Z

25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The fact that he wasn't even nominated for Good Time is all the proof you need that the Oscars are bullshit (of course there's millions of other reasons, but that snub was criminal)