Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Batman (Matt Reeves, March 4, 2022) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Oct 4, 2016.

1. airik625 Oct 4, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 4, 2016)
    airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie is going to be called "The Batman".

Ben Affleck has revealed the title of his standalone Batman film

Joe Manganiello Begins His DEATHSTROKE Research For Ben Affleck's Solo BATMAN Movie

I'll try to keep this post updated along the way with any important news.

2. coleslawed likes this.
  3. airik625

4. People complained about the long title Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, so I thought everyone would be down with a simple title. I wonder if he or the studio will want to change it eventually or if it'll remain.

5. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I'd rather they kept it simple and called it "Batman", maybe they could add a subtitle too. "The Batman" just sounds awkward to me

6. I like "The Batman." Sounds mythological.

7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I also like The Batman. I hope this is good. I wish they would drop or at least change the robotic sounding Batman voice.

8. airik625

It makes me think of The Joker when he exclaims, "The Batman" when answering his own question about the mob holding their "group therapy sessions" in broad daylight. I know why you're afraid to go out at night. The Batman.

9. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

please no jared leto

10. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I said this in another thread, but I've always wanted to see a movie called "The Batman" with a really grounded, crime/noir approach. Like, all from Gordon's perspective as he investigates both criminal dealings and this urban myth called "The Batman" that has them all spooked. Would be a really cool approach to a standalone film.

Since this is not that, I selfishly sorta feel like they should call it "Batman: [short subtitle]" instead, lol. Like, just a simple "Batman: Deathstroke" or the like would be ideal.

Anyways, I'm pretty excited for the film either way. It's probably my most anticipated DC film after Wonder Woman (though Flash and Aquaman are also up there). It's been 8 years since I saw Batman in a film that I liked, and Affleck directing his Batman from BvS against Deathstroke sounds pretty rad.

Adrian Villagomez and coleslawed like this.
  11. Title is fine. It's that he exists in the same universe as Suicide Squad that's concerning.

Jared Leto's Joker would shit all over anything good Ben Affleck could do.

12. drewinseries

Drew

I was hoping it be The Batman. Awesome.

13. drewinseries

Drew

Have you seen Year One?

14. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The comic is easily my favorite Batman comic, and it's not even close. I didn't care for the animated adaptation because it just couldn't do the comic justice (though I'm sure it's decent enough on its own for those who don't adore the comic). And, yes, Year One minus Bruce's perspective is the basic narrative structure and tone I'd use for my hypothetical "The Batman" film, lol.

Adrian Villagomez and Davjs like this.
  15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I really like the simple title. Can't wait to see what Ben Affleck does with this.

Davjs likes this.
  16. Davjs

Trusted

No matter what they do, I hope like in Hush or Long Halloween, villains like Joker, deadshot, deathstroke, ect just pop in randomly. I think that'll be refreshing since most CB movies have just one villain that gets built up until the climax where they fight. I'd love for them just to throw a ton of stuff in there.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

That would be interesting and quite refreshing after most comic book movies following a similar pattern and formula.

Davjs likes this.
  18. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

'The Batman' sounds awesome to me.

19. Chummel

This Must Be My Dream

Diggin' the title.

20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Batman and Spider-Man are the only superheroes I truly love so I'll see this no matter what

21. Davjs

Trusted

No love for Savage Dragon?

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  22. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Subscribing

23. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

“I’m in full-on, trying-to-get-it-right mode [for Batman],” Affleck told IGN. “It’s not the kind of movie that you can fail quietly at. have to be sure I have something I feel really confident about before we go forward.”

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Hasn't stopped him yet

25. Davjs

Trusted

??? Wasn't the other 3 movies he did pretty good?