Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Batman (Matt Reeves, March 4, 2022) Movie • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Maybe an unpopular opinion... I don't like Affleck as Batman. Let's just leave Batman alone for a bit... We have the Nolan and Burton movies. I'm just gonna stick with those. The last couple Batman movies have been awful.

Ken likes this.
  2. There's zero chance of the biggest superhero in the world being left alone. Haha.

coleslawed likes this.
  3. Haha I know...

4. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

If they can't keep their universe together there's no reason to do it in the first place. They should just go back to making stand alone movies until they can figure their shit out.

TSLROCKS likes this.
  5. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Bruce Wayne Batman films running alongside some Dick Grayson Batman appearances would be cool, though. It'd be the best of both worlds: more classic Batman in the form of a 7th theatrical Bruce, and also a neat fresh take on the character.

Not that I think that's what will happen, but if Affleck is really withdrawing from the role, and if they really wanna acknowledge that instead of simply recasting another older Batman, that's a cool way to do it. Way better than a convoluted Flash retcon, lol, though Flash could always bring back an older Bruce (played by someone else) down the road.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

That's Spider-Man, by a lot of you go off merchandise sales. But yeah, exact same scenario there. Lol

7. Profitable, sure. I think more people know Batman. Second or whatever doesn't change my point.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed likes this.
  9. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I thought they were cousins?

11. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Imagine an HBO Batman show that was similar to Nolan's take with a tad more camp and time to flesh out many villains? Swoon.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  12. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah lol. Honestly I don't really follow Casey that much or know a whole lot about him so that's probably why.

thedrudo likes this.
  14. I wouldn't put too much stock in what Casey said.

15. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

He's in several really great movies if you haven't seen them. Apparently he's a complete dick though.

16. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I'm sure Casey is trolling.

17. Davjs

Trusted

To me it sounded like he let the cat out of the bag and then played it off as he started to back track. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when big bro Ben called him up after those headlines started.

airik625 likes this.
  18. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Casey's an incredible actor and dickhead human being and probably not a reliable source of Batman news.

drewinseries, Vivatoto and coleslawed like this.
  19. The Batman Not Part of the DC Extended Universe, Says Matt Reeves

Matt Reeves:

20. drewinseries Aug 23, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 23, 2017)
    drewinseries

Drew

Makes sense with the newly announced non-canon film universe, though I don't really like that at all. I think Batfleck deserves more time.

Davjs likes this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

Ditto. Way to go DC, you had one job :tear:

22. I don't see why it matters.

coleslawed likes this.
  23. Tim

"Part of the extended universe" is such a vague concept when dealing with this sorta thing, though. I mean, look at the whole Sony Spider-Man situation, or some of the ambiguity with Fox's various Marvel projects like Legion and Logan. I think even Marvel Studios uses weird phrasing for some of the connectivity between projects, especially when you get into television.

Obviously there are all sorts of rumors about the future of Batfleck, which probably have a kernel of truth to them, but as of now, I'd imagine the Bruce, Alfred, and Gordon in Justice League will be the same actors in Matt Reeves' Batman film. They're probably just not supervising any sort of strict timeline continuity or references or whatever, instead giving Reeves free reign to make the Batman film he wants (within certain blockbuster limitations that exist regardless of if there's a shared universe involved).

coleslawed and Jason Tate like this.
  24. Tim

Jason Tate likes this.
  25. If it means he can ignore suicide squad and other things alluded to I think it's good

jkauf, awakeohsleeper and Greg like this.