Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Batman (Matt Reeves, March 4, 2022) Movie • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Batman and Robin has lots of entertainment value. Not always the way they intended. But I'll take it a million times over Suicide Squad, which was just abhorrent and despondently bad.

Alba and RyanPm40 like this.
  2. How people can't figure out the idea that if there are a bunch of really bad things the idea of "better than" doesn't mean good is beyond me. This defense of "look at another horrible movie" doesn't say what any of you've think it does.

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Nah, I'm willing to say I love it. Warts and all. No shame. :spiderman:

thedrudo, Letterbomb31 and Jason Tate like this.
  4. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

I'd argue that a film like Suicide Squad is worse than Catwoman just because of the potential of those working on SS was far greater than those working on Catwoman.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I don't believe I saw anybody claim that SS is a good movie simply because it is better than other terrible films... I agree it was terrible, just not the worst pile of shit I've ever seen.

6. We agree.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Never saw Suicide Squad but facilitating Jared's Joker antics is a war crime

Tim and Jason Tate like this.
  8. Really excited that they are stepping back and restarting this film. I really like Batfleck and definitely like the idea of a solo outing with him.

Hopefully the studio gives it some room to breathe especially with the success of Wonder Woman.

Also, SS was garbage...just a horrible horrible movie. Terrible casting, terrible plot, cliche as all hell music cues. I respect a movie that really tries to do something different but fails, but this movie is just so blah. For all the hype about it being different it was just so paint by numbers.

Long story short: Batman yay, Suicide Squad nay

9. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Are they still planning a Deadshot movie?

10. YellowChevy

I love the Batman Bruce Wayne and him being Batman. But its the version portrayed by Val Kilmer in Batman Forever that excites me most. I love the tandem of Bruce and Dr. Chase and of course the soundtrack 'Kiss from a Rose' sung by Seal. I keep hummin' and singin' it and think the scenes of Bruce and Dr. Chase in the movie.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  11. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

SS wasn't an ice experience to endure when they aren't keeping the characters as cool as their comic counterparts.

[​IMG]

12. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Both movies are horrendous.

a nice person likes this.
  13. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I won't say love -- but I do like that one quite a bit.

Tim likes this.
  14. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

15. Interesting. New Wayne or new Bats altogether.

jkauf likes this.
  16. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Jon Hamm, plz

17. drewinseries

Drew

I hate that. I loved Affleck. I hate the idea of Batman not being Bruce. IDK the best way to handle that, maybe have Barry mess with the timeline somehow and a consequence is Bruce's history is changed?

coleslawed and Letterbomb31 like this.
  18. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The idea that a future film would address his departure seems to imply more than a simple Bruce present day recasting. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that's how it comes across to me.

Maybe Bruce will die (or "die") in a future film and be replaced with Dick Grayson. There are nuttier possibilities from the comics (Jim Gordon; Azrael; a de-aged Bruce via Lazarus Pit), but out of options that'd fit this world, Dick seems most possible. Don't know what that'd mean for the Nightwing film; maybe that'd come out between JL and JL 2, with the latter being Bruce's demise.

It's worth noting that, if there's a potential Batman trilogy in mind, they could easily have those films be a sort of prequel trilogy with someone else playing a slightly younger Bruce. I'd be fine with that.

19. Dog with a Blog

If Affleck dips let's get a Batman Beyond movie

20. drewinseries

Drew

I like that way more than Dick/Azrael/anyone putting on the cowl.

21. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Animated please. I need the same voice actor for Terry. I should watch that first movie again.

edit: oh shit, it was Will Friedle lol.

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  22. Dog with a Blog

It could just be nostalgia speaking cause I haven't seen it in forever but Return of the Joker was dope.

Ken likes this.
  23. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

coleslawed and Jason Tate like this.
  24. Dog with a Blog

Same. When I was like 6 my mom ended up banning me from watching TAS for a bit cause I would obsessively try and copy his fight moves haha. It holds up so well.

coleslawed and Ken like this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Adam Scott as Ben Wyatt as Batman

coleslawed, tucah, Barcara and 4 others like this.