Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Batman (Matt Reeves, March 4, 2022) Movie • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Oct 4, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

This is the next best thing. If not better.

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. Davjs

Trusted

We'll never know. Depends on who the villain is I guess.

3. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Circumstances weren't right for whatever reason for that project. This new one where they're taking time and making sure they're doing this version of the story as best they can is automatically better than the version where lots of things weren't working and they decided to do things differently.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Davjs

Trusted

Studio interference. I may never forgive them. Imagine how good this or even SS could have been if the studio had just you know, let the directors do their movies and or gave their input before filming and not afterwards lol.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. Nothing could save SS. That movie was fucking horrific.

Alba, iCarly Rae Jepsen and airik625 like this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

:-|

7. Nathan

Based on what I know about the re-shoots and studio notes on Suicide Squad, plus what I could parse from viewing... Suicide Squad would have still been really, really, really awful.

Are the issues with the Batman on the studio side? I thought the setbacks were mostly Affleck recognizing he couldn't/didn't want to direct, then the director search, and now Reeves trying to put together a story that works. It's way too early to really tell how things are operating. Had they even shot a frame from Affleck's script?

8. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I'm going to preface this next comment by saying there isn't anything wrong with this at all. But you remind me a lot of my buddy who somehow enjoys every movie he sees. I don't know if I've ever heard him say he hated a movie. He find something to enjoy about every flick. If anything, I'm jealous hah.

9. Davjs

Trusted

Haha no I hate a lot of stuff lol, I just don't like Hyperbole. SS was bad but man, I've seen some truly unjoyable and awful movies. SS didn't hit that point for me. This site is full of people with crazy different POVs though, just look at the Spiderman thread and see the love the AMS2 and dislike for Spiderman 2.

I dunno, the reshoots and re editing happened after the movie was filmed right? That's one of the reasons why the movie is all over the place plot wise and nothing really makes a lot of sense. It could have still ended up bad, but it would have been stronger for sure.

When Affleck was first announced as director, him and Johns were saying how excited they were for the script. Then Ben kept saying he wasn't happy with script changes and it kept building up. I honestly don't think it had anything to do with Ben thinking he couldn't direct, that was just good PR IMO. I think the studio was messing with the script and Ben didn't want another BvS reception.

That being said I do trust Reeves, just wanted to comment on how I also would have liked to see what Affleck and Johns would have done since they seemed to have already gotten to the phase of casting and even screen testing a crazy cool looking Deathstroke.

10. The Spider-Man thread doesn't love ASM2, just a bunch of Spider-Man nerds think there's some good parts in it.

awakeohsleeper, Tim and RyanPm40 like this.
  11. And saying Suicide Squad is one of the worst movies I've ever seen isn't hyperbole, it's truly up there with Hands of Fate as one of the worst things to ever be filmed.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. Davjs

Trusted

Never even heard of it, I'll have to check it out :hearteyes:

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah man, but there are like all the M. Night movies besides Split, the Transformers films, The 5th Wave, The Independence Day Sequel, the Resident Evil movies after 2, The Fifty Shades movies, Gods of Egypt, The Divergent series.....and those are just recent movies.

Just sticking with Comic book movies, this doesn't even compare to Catwoman, RIPD, Elektra, Fantastic 4 and Ghost Rider.

So when I hear hyperbole of SS or Kick Ass 2 is "so terrible and the worst movies put to film" I have to give a :-| face lol.

RyanPm40 and Letterbomb31 like this.
  14. Nathan

What if it isn't hyperbole? What if a lot of people feel one way and you don't feel the same? Which is a normal thing that happens?

15. Many of those are markedly better than SS. And they suck too.

Most of those are markedly better than SS. And they suck too.

It's the same face we all make when you defend those abominations.

16. Davjs

Trusted

hmmmm. Well that may be a point. I personally consider calling anything that isn't the absolute worst the absolute worst as hyperbole because the definition of it is "exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally". But that is only if someone would say that list of terrible movies I listed above are truly better than SS.

17. Davjs

Trusted

Eh..........its super hard to believe, but the Transformers and RE movies do have a lot of fans so I'll buy it.

This one I cannot believe no matter what and have to pull the trolling card. Sorry man.

Lol I rip into the movie plenty, just pointing out its not the worst.

18. Trolling card. :eyeroll:

What a joke.

You can pretend SS isn't as bad as F4 all you want, but it's not gonna make that pond scum of a movie any better.

19. Davjs

Trusted

Well you can see its not much of a stretch when you say things like Catwoman is better than........well anything. But this is a terrible hill for me to die on, we are just arguing which bad movies are worse at this point.

And yeah, SS is so much better than F4 because at least SS had stuff going on and had you know, action and comedy and such. F4 did the worst thing a movie can do and was boring. SS wasn't boring at least. If you can't admit that then you are too into your hate for this movie.

20. "Better than" doesn't mean it's good, it just means it's got at least something better in it ... and the music by Badelt in Catwoman is better than the music in SS. Both movies are still bad, but the shitty-ness of SS is not hyperbole. It's just a fucking atrociously bad movie.

21. Davjs

Trusted

I can't remember the music in any. Well....I remember Eminem and Queen in SS, so I think I'd disagree again. Sorry :tear:

22. jesus christ

23. Davjs

Trusted

yeah I know, those two artist are terrible and Catwoman should be defended. No over reaching to prove a point is happening at all ;-)

24. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I can back that it's pretty great.

25. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

How anyone could think Suicide Squad is worse than a movie like Batman and Robin with Arnold Schwarzenegger is beyond me...