Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The BAND Camino Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jusscali, Dec 13, 2018.

1. zachmacD

Trusted

The new song is very good. I'm warming up to this singer's voice (the one on honest, know me, and the chorus of Daphne Blue) but the other guys voice is just infectious. Definitely going to buy tickets to the tour in the fall

ArmsLikeTeeth and jorbjorb like this.
  2. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I had no idea for so long that there were two

ArmsLikeTeeth and jorbjorb like this.
  3. jorbjorb

7 rings

song is good

4. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

good good good good good good good

jorbjorb likes this.
  5. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

See Through and Daphne Blue are too close to call for me. Honest is just a step below, but I'll have to listen to it at least 20 more times before I officially decide that lol

zachmacD likes this.
  6. zachmacD

Trusted

Something To Hold On To is still my favorite then See Through and Daphne Blue are tied. I couldn't get into Fool of Myself for the longest time but once that song clicked, I was hooked.

I still enjoy the song "my thoughts on you" but imo none of the older songs compare to the stuff they are pumping out now

7. Jusscali

My thoughts on you might be my favorite from them in general

ArmsLikeTeeth likes this.
  8. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Their older songs are way more “let’s be The 1975” than their newer songs, which I feel are much stronger.

sawhney[rusted]2 and zachmacD like this.
  9. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Still really love Young and I Spend Too Much Time In My Room...for me they're up there with the new stuff.

jorbjorb and Jusscali like this.
  10. Jusscali

I personally don’t hear that at all. I love the new songs but I’m minutely afraid they are going down the more bro rock sounding route for the label...

jorbjorb likes this.
  11. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

I fucking love the guitar tones. Every time Daphne Blue comes on my playlist I just wanna boogie.

12. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

sonder likes this.
  13. Oh let's GO. Hope they do pre-orders.

14. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Was hoping for an LP, but whatever. I'll take it.

SEANoftheDEAD and sonder like this.
  15. Jusscali

Wonder how many new ones on top of that. I figured 1 more single to coincide with tour and then late fall LP. Shucks!

16. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

When will this band release a fricken LP lol

astereo and sonder like this.
  17. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

for real! but yes, I will still take new music in whatever form that is

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  18. Jusscali

3 more new bops be there. They could always announce an LP and release it a fucking year later!

19. sawhney[rusted]2

Yes, 3 new bops, but it’s hard for me to get a real grasp of what theyre going for without a full LP after all this time

20. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Saw them last night at El Club in Detroit for the Mo-Pop Festival after party....first off it's an awesome venue to begin with (and apparently managed by Fireworks' lead singer, Dave, who was taking tickets at the door) and is like a 400-cap. Band called Nightly opened and tbh sounded like a The Band CAMINO rip-off, but it was fun to dance to :shrug: People went crazy for TBC their entire set and they sounded even better than I imagined they would. They played a bunch of songs I was hoping to see, including I Spend Too Much Time In My Room. Honest sounded great! They closed with Daphne Blue and the crowd just went off. All in all it was just a great night and totally made the 2 hour drive home (after being out until 2 am) worth it. I honestly cannot wait to see them again in Chicago at House of Blues in a few weeks.

morken, meggers and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  21. Jusscali

Nightly is not a band Camino rip off - but I fucking love them too so it’s cool you got both.

sonder and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  22. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Yeah I don't mean to rag on them so maybe I shouldn't have said that...I just wasn't feeling it live, but I'll give their recorded stuff a chance because I shouldn't have written them off like that.

23. Jusscali

I’ve been meaning to see them live for a while, but I highly doubt they’d be at the level of TBC. They seriously blew me away when I saw them before ever hearing of them. The nightly guy has a real nice voice but not sure how there sound would translate live.

24. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Been listening to Nightly a bit more...can confirm that the lead singer does sound good live, I think the music just isn't for me, but to each his own and all that!

Anyways, Honest is freaking slaaaaaps, oooowee!

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  25. sawhney[rusted]2

All 3 are great tracks yah