Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Australian + New Zealand Artists Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Mary V, Nov 14, 2017.

1. BenSmith94

Trusted

As someone on Twitter pointed out, it's pretty disgusting to see the vitriol Camp Cope have received in Australia for making a valid point about gender inequality on one of the biggest festivals in Australia, but Sticky Fingers' frontman abused and threatened multiple females in the music industry and yet their band were welcomed back from their hiatus like heroes.

Didn't listen to the Hack interview, but the quotes from it and their bullshit attitude afterwards pretty much have proved to me this won't be the last time they end up being utter douchebags and they're not as "reborn" as they want us to believe.

LWS likes this.
  2. Middle Kids debut album out tomorrow!

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  3. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Hatchie. That is my contribution.

Mary V likes this.
  4. @ugman_2000 just recommended me the DZ Deathrays album and it's great.

Mary V, ugman_2000 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  5. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I had no idea this thread existed but yeah I’ve been loving DZ Deathrays, Violent Soho and Dune Rats recently so good work Australia :thumbup:

6. Carb on Carb album is awesome too

outofgas, ugman_2000 and LWS like this.
  7. BenSmith94

Trusted

British India, Luca Brasi, The Bennies, Alex Lahey, Gang of Youths, Camp Cope, Columbus, San Cisco, Tonight Alive, Hands Like Houses, Lorde (duh), Violent Soho, The Living End are all great.

Very keen to get into Middle Kids, Stella Donelly, Alex the Astronaut, Vera Blue and Tkay Maidza

Mary V likes this.
  8. Stella Donelly is phenomenal. Middle Kids and Vera Blue are very good too! Haven't really listened to the other two

9. I just stumbled across Julia Deans on Spotify and I'm blown away! This song is one of the best I've heard this year. Giving her album a listen now

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  10. MikeERayner

Trusted

I need a new Karnivool album already.

Mary V likes this.
  11. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

At @Mary V's request, I'll be posting a few links to videos from my favorite artist, Darren Hayes. He was the singer for Savage Garden way back when, and has been a solo artist since the band's breakup. He has four solo albums, and the most recent album was released in 2011.

(If any videos cannot be viewed in your region, please just let me know and I'll try to find other options.)

A single from his first solo album, "Spin":

Next, from his sophomore effort, "The Tension and the Spark" (my personal favorite album):

His third album was a double album (25 songs), entitled "This Delicate Thing We've Made." Here are two singles:

Finally, his most recent album is called "Secret Codes and Battleships":

He's created a few live concert DVDs over the years, including "The Time Machine Tour" (set designed by Willie Williams, of U2 fame): Darren Hayes - The Time Machine Tour

(This is just one track from that concert, with an awesome laser show!) Darren Hayes - Void

12. Muskheart

new track out from Fraser A Gorman. Highly highly recommend.

Guests incl dan luscombe (of the drones) on guitar and hachiku on vocals.

Nate_Johnson and Mary V like this.
  13. If anyone hasn't heard thew new Columbus record, it's awesome.

Mary V and Nate_Johnson like this.
  14. Have you heard her EP that was released on Friday? It's wonderful

15. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

@Night_Sky actually told me to listen today and it really is a great listen!

anonimito, Night_Sky and Mary V like this.
  16. Night_Sky

Regular

Seeing as I haven't seen them mentioned in here and they're one of my favourite active bands:

Yumi Zouma an Electropop/Dreampop outfit based in Christchurch, NZ.

'Keep It Close To Me' from their 2016 debut album 'Yoncalla'

'Half Hour' from their 2017 sophomore album 'Willowbank'

'Alena' originally from 'EP II' (2014) but can also be found on 'The EP Collection' (2015)

anonimito and Nate_Johnson like this.
  17. Night_Sky

Regular

Loose Tooth.

Saw them supporting Courtney Barnett a few days ago and they were thoroughly enjoyable!

'Keep On' 1st single from the debut album 'Keep Up' out August 3rd on Milk! Records

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  18. BenSmith94

Trusted

New Luca Brasi and Slowly Slowly albums are both really good.

Mary V likes this.
  19. outofgas

Regular

My band (from Perth) just dropped our last two songs. Lots of BN/Modest Mouse/Band of Horses influences going on-

Mary V likes this.
  20. Night_Sky

Regular

Yumi Zouma have announced 'EP III' the last installment in their EP trilogy. The four track 4 EP is out digitally September 28th and on vinyl November 16th.

Here's the first single 'In Camera'

@Patterns in Traffic thought I'd tag you in this!

Mary V and Patterns in Traffic like this.
  21. Thanks for the info and the tag! I'll be looking forward to this!

22. Night_Sky

Regular

You're welcome. it came out more like a press statement than I intended haha! New single is less synth focused and "dancey" than usual but it's great as expected. This band deserve more recognition

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  23. Um, wow. This song is so good. I saw The Money War support Holy Holy last year and enjoyed them, but this is the best song they've recorded yet

24. Night_Sky

Regular

Second song released from the upcoming Yumi Zouma EP. Only listened once and it is already one of my favourite songs of theirs.

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  25. Night_Sky

Regular

Not sure if they've been mentioned in here, but here's the new song from Canberra based Alt/Rock-Power/Pop band Moaning Lisa. New EP is out Oct 19th.

Mary V likes this.