Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Ataris Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Larry David, Jun 11, 2017.

1. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

with how transparent he's been about sharing demos of new material, i'm surprised he just hasn't given in and digitally released Graveyard.

i like what i'm hearing so far.

2. yocoxy

He said on a live stream that they were supposed to be finishing the album now but can't due to corona. And it will be out when the time feels right

3. Hahahahaha

4. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Wish he had done that on Thursday so that he could’ve taken advantage of Bandcamp Friday.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  5. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Just gotta finish those vocals!

JamesMichael and bradsonemanband like this.
  6. ItsJoe

Joe

Did anyone see the new releases Kris posted to the bandcamp page? He released a full album of the 'Live At Capitol Milling' show, including DVD footage. Unfortunately I missed out on the DVD footage. Did anyone manage to grab it before it was taken down?

7. most of (if not all) the bits from the dvd are on youtube, I believe

8. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

neo506 and bradsonemanband like this.
  9. Kris is doing a live stream this evening playing END IS FOREVER in its entirety for the first time ever. He usually does his live streams on Facebook and Instagram at the same time.

10. razorburn

Trusted

Kris uploaded some new songs.

11. Awesome!

12. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

Damn these songs are awesome.

13. deflector

formerly pizzatime

Haven't read this thread, but when was the last time you listened to Welcome the Night?

I usually find myself coming back to that record once a year and it always hits pretty hard. It's a shame that this record didn't find an audience, even though a few years after this tons of bands would start embracing shoegaze/new wave as influences. The worst thing about this record is its title. I know there was a big delay on this record and Kris got all dramatic and fired the band or whatever, but the end result was pretty good.

Anyway - it's definitely a record that demands a reappraisal. By far my fave Ataris record.

14. I may have posted this in here before, but I also really like Welcome the Night. I do think the original leaked version is a lot better than what was ultimately released. The sequencing works better, and the two or three songs that were added last-minute as "singles" are the worst parts of the album.

elphshelf likes this.
  15. deflector

formerly pizzatime

Are those "Not Capable of Love" and "New Years Day"? I actually really like NCoL. New Years Day, I agree.

16. Those two and "Connections Are More Dangerous Than Lies," if I remember right.

elphshelf likes this.
  17. ItsJoe

Joe

How do I get a copy of the original leaked version? All i can vaguely remember is that demos were released on their MySpace page a year before its release.

18. I don’t even have it anymore. It was unmastered so I deleted it once final versions of every song were released and just made a playlist with the original order.

19. deflector

formerly pizzatime

Some of the non-album tracks are on their bandcamp. I don't actually think they're that great.

20. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

So long, Astoria. I’ve found a map to buried treasure,
    And even if we come home empty handed,
    We’ll still have our STORIES, battle scars, pirate ships, and wounded hearts,
    Broken bones, and all the best of friendships.
    And when this hourglass has filtered out it’s final grain of sand,
    I’ll raise my glass to the memories we’ve had.

21. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

Got excited when I saw a new single "Summer Time" show up on Spotify but it seems like an error.

22. I think some shitty unknown industrial instrumental band uploaded their song under the names of other bands just to get plays. I think the same band released a song under Me First & the Gimme Gimmes as well.

What is this? Napster?!

hairtaylor and DyingGaslight like this.
  23. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Yeah it’s spam - exact same song just showed up as “Grind Me Open” under Social Distortion