Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Ataris Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Larry David, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Really? Guess I should check it out!

2. Look Forward To Failure was just posted.

3. ItsJoe

Joe

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall of everything that went down after the So Long Astoria campaign ended, and they started writing for 'Welcome To The Night'. I know it's a disliked record amongst many fans, but I really enjoyed it on first listen, and still enjoy it just as much this day.

4. razorburn

Trusted

Live in Adelaide has just been added.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  5. isaidreiss likes this.
  6. choke

Skatecat

Lots of cool stuff so far.

Unfortunately he's been talking about taking everything down at midnight pacific time. Which means I might miss something cool as I need to get some sleep (am in Europe).

Maybe anyone here can help me out if that's the case. Would really like to hear some Blue Skies-era rare tracks.

7. I got you

choke likes this.
  8. ItsJoe

Joe

Does anyone know of any bands who have a bancamp with archives of old material, and demos, etc? Thanks

9. ItsJoe

Joe

10. choke

Skatecat

Thanks! Seems it's all still there, so guess I'm good.

11. razorburn

Trusted

Getting Replacements vibes from the new song Kris posted.

12. choke

Skatecat

"Now kindly quit asking me when it will be released. Ha. I have no idea.

But yes. I probably have a hundred or so songs.
    Just gotta focus on the best 20 or so and finish em.
    I WILL do that and I will release them when they are finished and when the time finally feels right to me."

13. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

At least that’s an actual update instead of “I just have to finish vocals”

14. Listening to the End Is Forever demos. These are really cool. The guitar part in "7am" is totally ripped from a Mineral song. It's fun to imagine EIF in that style and how different their career would have been.

15. lost

tomdelonge and bradsonemanband like this.
  16. tomdelonge

Trusted

They're great. I wish Kris would be less precious about the new songs. It doesn't have to be some kind of event record, just put 'em out!

17. I think he should just scrap at it at this point and just start a new one. At this point, Graveyard is probably just a burden for him. If he just would keep his favorite ideas, write some new ones, and just kinda start fresh, that might help him work towards getting an album done.

18. tomdelonge

Trusted

It’s maddening cuz folks he’s influenced by like Paul Westerberg have the opposite attitude.

Somebody needs to get him hooked on GBV

19. tomdelonge

Trusted

I’d still love to hear all the Graveyard stuff in some graveyard like archive dump, but I agree a new project altogether is a great idea

20. ItsJoe

Joe

elphshelf and bradsonemanband like this.
  21. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

Why can't Kris just release new music? Seems like he toils and toils forever.

22. razorburn Apr 29, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 29, 2020)
    razorburn

Trusted

Kris has been playing snippets of new songs on Instagram Live the past few days. I have to say, I'm very impressed with what we've heard so far. Here's hoping we see an official release later this year. I doubt it, but a boy can dream.

23. razorburn

Trusted

24. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Will there ever be a new album? The new songs he put out a few years ago were solid and I loved the modern take on Fast Times.