Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The "As You Please" Tour: Citizen / Sorority Noise / Great Grandpa Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Aug 8, 2017.

1. TMS2787

Trusted

For Northeast Ohio people:

I may go this since I missed SN last month.

2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I fully take this back. I’m still more excited for Sorority Noise, but this Citizen record has grown on me a TON.

3. flask

Trusted Supporter

All the new songs kill live, especially World. I think that’s my new favorite from the record now.

4. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Watching some live videos from this tour, man the venue here seems so much smaller than the other ones. If they're playing upstairs I think it holds like 250, and there's no way downstairs holds more than 150 MAX.

5. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I still feel like "In the Middle of It All" is the best song on this record and it's not even really close.

Skoke and smowashere like this.
  6. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Upstairs actually holds around 300 and downstairs 200, but still super small venue compared to most others.

7. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Damn. I can believe that about upstairs but downstairs seems so small! It's basically just a bar (not basically; it literally is just a bar).

8. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I really dig "You Are a Star." Wish they were playing that one live.

9. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I think it's just because the downstairs goes decently far back though it's a bar. Never seen them sell out the downstairs though except for Real friends which I think they undersold on purpose.

10. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Any idea where they're playing? I figured upstairs, but You Blew It! was downstairs, so I feel like it could go either way.

11. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

They definiely have to be playing upstairs to maximize ticket sales. This tour is much bigger than You Blew It! though I do get your point. I've seen a few shows downstairs that I thought would be upstairs. I think bands only book the downstairs when trying to save money because they know they can't sell the venue out since it's much cheaper to book. The only bummer about that is that all ages shows have to be done by 10 downstairs. The early start time for Iron Chic/OWTH/Rvivr is killing me haha

12. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Does anyone have rough set times for how this tour has been going? I get off work at 7:30 and will be running to the gym to shower then running to the show, it's gonna be REALLL tight.

13. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I’m at this right now! Jet into in the middle of it all is fantastic

14. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

That early start time for Iron Chic/OWTH/Rvivr is giving me life. Coming from Salem means I absolutely love getting home from a show before midnight

15. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Really happy with the Sorority noise although I’dve liked “disappeared.” From what I remember (definitely forgetting a couple):

A Portrait of
    Car
    Leave the Fan On
    Nolsey
    Mononokay
    Rory Shield
    Blonde Hair Black Lungs
    Art School Wannabe
    Using
    Dirty Ickes
    A Better Sun
    No Halo

16. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Anybody at the show in Lawrence come say hi! I'm wearing a black Manchester Orchestra hat and a mewithoutyou shirt