Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The "As You Please" Tour: Citizen / Sorority Noise / Great Grandpa Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Aug 8, 2017.

1. m32137

Regular

Well that's not good considering they only have 3 days off in the first 3 weeks of the tour.

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Excited for tonight! Hopefully Sorority Noise sounds better tonight. Citizen setlist is ok. I wish they would play like 4 from Heaven, 3 or 4 from Youth, and then like 8 from As You Please, but it should be a great time regardless.

3. mattfreaksmeout Oct 18, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 18, 2017)
    mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Did set times get posted somewhere? I thought they did but I don't see them

Edit: Jk they are on the last page I am just dumb carry on

4. Chinesefood

Regular

I really wish Heaven got more love on tour. Album was underrated.

5. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Found out the hard way that there's a Cubs game tonight. Took me an hour to find parking, literally sprinted to the Metro 2 songs into Sorority Noise.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  6. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

SoNo played a different set tonight. They didn’t play a portrait of but did play art school

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Haha yea I didn't even try. I parked several L stops north and just took the L there and back.

8. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I had an alright time tonight - every band just had unique things that I didn't like about each of their sets. I really didn't like Great Grandpa - I tried going in blind to their music before the show, but the vocalist kept screeching at the end of every lyric and it just got on my nerves. Sorority Noise was pretty good, though I've definitely seen them better - their setlist was so strange and disorganized. When they ended, I felt like there should have been a couple more songs - them not closing with Using or Mediocre just feels wrong.

Citizen was good, and it was definitely was one of the best times they've sounded, but they had these really big siren-like lights on either sides of them, and no matter where I stood in the venue, it got right in my eyes and it left these nasty sunspots on my vision. Again - this isn't a knock on the band, just a knock on their setup I suppose.

Regardless, it was a pretty good show. We got a couple of new tracks from As You Please added to the setlist, though I don't know the record well enough to say which ones. Also got the tour cover/variant.

Chinesefood and DejaMoi like this.
  9. TMS2787

Trusted

How many songs total did they play?

10. ALT/MSC/FAN

I think 16?

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Great Grandpa is really not great live but you should check out their record. It's really solid

Also I really think No Halo is a perfect closer for SoNo now

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Also they added World and Figure You Out last night apparently. Not what I would have wanted them to add but at least it's a fuller set now

13. TMS2787

Trusted

I looked at setlist.fm after your first post and it listed sixteen. Glad you got a longer, more full set than we did in Cleveland!

14. ALT/MSC/FAN

It’s fine, but they didn’t say “This is our last song, thanks, etc” they just ended. That’s why I was so surprised.

15. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Great Grandpa is amazing live, her voice is amazing, she uses it as an instrument and her control of it is majestic

Audiotree session is great

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The audiotree is good and record is great, what I saw the other day was not good at all

17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

weird, they were great at the Rozwell kid tour

might not be used to big venues honeslty

18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Also first night of tour doesn't help

19. ALT/MSC/FAN

Her voice reminded me a lot of stuff like The Cranberries, Hop Along, etc - bands that have a beautiful, raspy quality to it that I do like a lot. But...man, it just didn't click with me. Musically, the band was solid though.

20. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

went to this yesterday, could not get over the random shrieks the singer did although I dug when she just sung and the music itself had a cool 90s vibe to it

sorority noise almost went the whole set with no audience interaction until the final 2 songs when cam said the usual "we're sorority noise/thankful to be on this great tour etc" but they did seem to have a lot of fun up there, sounded really solid. Shout out to the drum kick moment, he wanted to give it up for anything to get the crowd cheers and drums going together

citizen were as good as I've seen them and the crowd was into the whole show new songs and all but jesus those lights man just get right in your face no matter what. Same set as the other nights

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  21. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

People really did go off for the new citizen songs. That was awesome to see.

22. TMS2787

Trusted

The 14 song set from the first two nights of the 16 song set from Detroit? Lol.

23. ALT/MSC/FAN

Those lights should have just always been moving. Those parts of the show were the only ones I was able to actually watch the band and enjoy.

estacey99 likes this.
  24. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

16 lol woops

surprised they crammed that many songs in just over an hour tho

25. btr

Trusted Supporter

Citizen is not playing Buffalo tonight. Sorority Noise and Great Grandpa will be playing the smaller room inside Town Ballroom instead.

MegT585 likes this.