Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The "As You Please" Tour: Citizen / Sorority Noise / Great Grandpa Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Aug 8, 2017.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Dammit! I was really gonna try to go to the home opener this year but I don't want to miss this

2. btr

Trusted Supporter

10/21 in Buffalo is no longer at Waiting Room, the show has moved to Town Ballroom. 600 cap to 1,000 seems like a gigantic jump

MegT585 likes this.
  3. TMS2787

Trusted

I also was going to try to go this home opener as well because I have been to three in the last 14 seasons but none of them where when LeBron was on the team. But, I can't miss this show. Hopefully schedules work out

4. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Only one Canadian date :verysad::verysad::verysad:

Why can't there be a Montreal or Ottawa date too!

5. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Last year they came here twice which is pretty incredible.

6. TMS2787

Trusted

Doesn't say that it will be any different then the other shows. Probably not.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  7. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Definitely expecting special record sleeve or something for the Detroit show

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Finally checked out this Great Grandpa record and it's really good!

TJ Wells and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  9. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I have a job interview next Thursday in Chicago so I think I’m gonna ditch my classes on Wednesday and hit this up. Love the new record.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  10. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

hopefully people are into great grandpa on this

11. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I listened to their record when the tour was announced and I dug it.

12. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

they're really great live, she does some magic with her voice and how she uses it as an instrument

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  13. josh-

Officially going to the Chicago show! I’m stoked to hear all the new Ciz and SN songs for the first time.

14. TMS2787

Trusted

Looking forward to seeing Citizen again tomorrow night. I’m going to assume that they’ll be playing the same exact set they played on their UK tour which is fine because I’m looking forward to hearing four songs live that I haven’t but I also wish they’d add one or two more. The new album rules!

15. SPine

Trusted

Pumped for tomorrow. Can't wait to get the tour variant of As You Please

16. josh-

Well fuck. Cubs playing wrigley that night so both my reserved parking spots got cancelled

17. Skoke

Regular

Not a fan of Grog Shop but I can't pass up Citizen tomorrow

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Son of a bitch, I was planning to drive but did not think about this at all..

19. TMS2787

Trusted

Tonight:

Doors: 6:30 PM
    Great Grandpa: 7:30 PM-8:00 PM
    Sorority Noise: 8:20 PM-9:05 PM
    Citizen: 9:25 PM-10:40 PM

20. TMS2787

Trusted

Jet
    In the Middle of it All
    Sleep
    Cement
    Control
    The Night I Drove Alone
    Roam the Room
    Sick and Impatient
    Fever Days
    Forgive No One
    Yellow Love
    How Does it Feel
    The Summer

Flower Child

bachna84 likes this.
  21. JaytotheGee Oct 18, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 18, 2017)
    JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Show was pretty solid.

I definitely think that was the worst I've ever heard SoNo sound and they usually kill it. Great Grandpa sounds great on record but also didn't sound very good last night

Citizen was great, but the set choice was odd and it seemed like they didn't play as long as they could/should have. The place also kind of cleared out a little after SoNo which I thought was odd.

Sorority Noise:

A Portrait Of
    Car
    Leave The Fan On
    Rory Shield
    Nolsey
    Blonde Hair Black Lungs
    Using
    A Better Sun
    Mononokay
    Disappeared
    No Halo

22. SPine

Trusted

Yeah Cam's voice seemed shot/ worn out. I missed the first three songs. Definitely surprised by the clear out after their set.

23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

It also sounded like one of the guitars wasn't loud enough. They sounded incredible at Mahalls in May so it was definitely a bummer

24. SPine

Trusted

Agreed. That Mahall's show was probably the best set I've seen them do.

25. TMS2787

Trusted

I missed SN and by what I’m reading I guess I didn’t miss much this time around but I do wish I would have got to see at least the end of the set. They started five minutes early and ended 15 minutes early so in reality they played ten minutes less than they had. Which sucked for me because If they didn’t start and end early I would’ve seen some of them. Oh, well.

I thought Citizen sounded good, the new songs were all solid but they had 15 more minutes to play, I wish they would’ve used it and played two or three more songs. I obviously wasn’t there during SN so I didn’t see how packed it was but I thought it was easier to move around the Grog than a lot of “sold out” shows I’ve been to there.

I think the reaction to the new stuff was mixed overall. The song they closed with didn’t seem like a strong closer to me, even though I do like the song. Overall, it was a good time.