Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Appleseed Cast Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kennedy, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I’m teasing mostly trying to emphasize how amazing their entire discography is

Ken likes this.
  2. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Either way, I think we can all agree that it's about time for some new music.

Kennedy likes this.
  3. drewinseries

Drew

On Reflection is one of the best songs ever written.

Ken likes this.
  4. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I've actually listened to Mare Vitalis and one other one that had kind of a fucked up face on it but it was kind of a long while ago. I remember Sunny Day Real Estate vibes from MV and that's about it, but I'll go back to it and see if it clicks more

Ken likes this.
  5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

That other one is end of the ring wars probably. That and mv have a more 90s emo vibe to em than post rock

OotyPa, Ken and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  6. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

you are correct. yeah I had heard that which is why I thought MV would be the best starting point for me despite knowing how people felt about LLO but that didn't seem to be the case for whatever reason. I'll go back to it. how does mv stack up for you?

Ken likes this.
  7. Leftandleaving

Honestly MV is a good starting point imo bc it’s a good bridge from the SDRE/mineral inspired stuff to the straightforward post rock style, while LLO can be intimidating for a first time listener. I love MV tho, and at one point it was my favorite by them. I honestly think they’ve just gotten better as they’ve gone on tho and never put out a bad record

EmmanuelSCastle and Ken like this.
  8. Illumination is so so so good

9. Leftandleaving

I probably listen to that one the most, but I don’t know if I’m comfortable saying it’s my absolute favorite

Deathco_019 and jordalsh like this.
  10. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I’m here for all the Mare Vitalis love in the world.

Larry David and Zac Djamoos like this.
  11. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I've listened to "Fight Song" on repeat through any of my major breakups. That whole record(Two Conversations) is a special record for me

Ken and jordalsh like this.
  12. this band is too good tbh

13. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Innocent Vigilant Ordinary and A Dream For Us always crushed me the hardest.

14. Gooddayz

always and forever

Sagarmatha :heart:

I need to do another discography run.

15. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Man, this thread is going to have me listening to them for the next week or two.

Sagarmatha is the first one I really listened to, and it’s always the one I come back to. I guess that’s kind of weird?

Gooddayz likes this.
  16. Deathco_019

Drummer

I think very highly of the Low Level Owl albums, Two Conversations, and Illumination Ritual. An argument could be made for any one of them as my favorite. Sagarmatha too. This band is vastly underrated around here. They have such a strong discography and I think I'm going to binge on a run-through starting today with Mare Vitalis

17. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

I've pretty much given up on new music at this point

18. Deathco_019

Drummer

I just wanna see these guys live again

Ken likes this.
  19. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

It doesn’t feel like Illumination Ritual came out 5 years ago, that seems way longer

jordalsh and KidLightning like this.
  20. bobbyblakem

Saw this thread on the first page and got really excited because I thought there was new music, but alas . . . still no new music.

21. Gooddayz

always and forever

I'm so glad I at least got to see them live five years ago right after Illumination Ritual came out.

22. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

These guys are so good that I want to move to Lawrence just so I can possibly run into them

23. I consumed a lot of appleseed cast music today

24. weird how this is the only band for me rn

25. Gooddayz

always and forever

Heard Mare Vitalis today. Poseidon is such a cool song

Ken, Deathco_019, jordalsh and 3 others like this.