Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Appleseed Cast Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kennedy, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Idk what that means bc two conversations is their best album

2. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I couldn't disagree more. LLO is miles and miles better, so is Mare Vitalis. TC is decent, but there's no way it is their best work. But, to each their own.

3. I think it's peregrine but tc is top 3

4. Leftandleaving

LLO is a bit too much for me. They've never put out a bad album tho, and IR was absolutely one of their best, and I want a new one very badly

KennedyBN and jordalsh like this.
  5. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

When LLO came out, a lot of people thought the band was going to be huge, innovative, and influential, because that's the bar they had set. I just think TC was a step back and their albums since have been more or less suffering from the same problems. A lot of people I know were turned off by the direction they took with TC and I agree. For me, nothing they have done has been better than tracks on vol 2 like Sunset Drama King and Rooms and Gardens.

6. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Illumination Ritual is their best album for me

OotyPa likes this.
  7. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Illumination Ritual is definitely one of my favorite albums ever in the post-rocky emo style of music

8. Deathco_019

Drummer

I love both LLO and TC. I feel like TC is just a more digestible take on what they were doing on LLO

truelovewaits and Zac Djamoos like this.
  9. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Blasted Peregrine the other day. It's such a good album to put on when you're stuck in a car for a long time.

10. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Yes! With "Fight Song" being their best song!

11. Leftandleaving

I don't know what I'd call their best song honestly. Marigold and patchwork and ice heavy branches were the ones that got me into them, so probably one of those two if I had to pick. Fight song is great tho

12. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Fight Song was a big go-to song when I went through my divorce. Very therapeutic.

Ken and Zac Djamoos like this.
  13. Leftandleaving

Glad you had that song then

Ken and truelovewaits like this.
  14. drewinseries

Drew

I remember at a live show when they were touring Illumination Ritual they talked about having another album out that year (2013).

I think there have been hints on social media of a new album? Idk though. Love this band to death.

15. LJ Rime

Regular

The LLO volumes are on some next level shit. It's insane to think, but those seem more like an aberration with each passing album. Outside of LLO, they've been nothing more than a solid band. Sure, "solid" is a whole lot better than what a lot of other bands are, but I do think the bar was set very high early in their careers.

Ken likes this.
  16. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Well said. Agreed completely. Their music since has been fine to good, but low level owl really is next level. Mare vitalis has flashes of that brilliance too.

17. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

well... Illumination Ritual is one of their best albums, if not their best album

18. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I couldn't disagree more. LLO is an actual masterpiece.

19. LJ Rime

Regular

They're certainly not the first band to peak early. I just find it crazy how I feel like I'm listening to two different bands when going through their discography. There's the LLO band, who would probably be the best band in the scene. Then there's the other band. They put out some quality music, but it's kind of foolish to say they're on the same level.

Ken likes this.
  20. Horrorca

Trusted

LLO is without question their peak

but

the rest of their discog is golden too - just in a different way

Ken and drewinseries like this.
  21. drewinseries

Drew

LLO is my favorite, but I don't think that their other stuff is middle of the road either. Two Conversations is a great indie-pop record. Sagarmatha is one of the better post rock albums, Mare Vitalis is great. Lot's of great stuff here.

Ken likes this.
  22. drewinseries

Drew

Way more concise way of what I was trying to say.

Ken likes this.
  23. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Yeah it's not to say I don't enjoy all of their music, it's just that LLO hits me in a way very few albums ever have. It's nearly flawless for me.

24. drewinseries

Drew

I'm having trouble reading your posts not in a Boyd Crouter voice.

Ken likes this.
  25. LJ Rime Nov 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 21, 2017)
    LJ Rime

Regular

Boyd uses a lot of big words(using 40 when 4 will do) and I'm not sure if he can spell them, but I'm pretty sure if he can, he'd be disappointed that you spelled Crowder wrong. ;-)

Ken likes this.