Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Appleseed Cast Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kennedy, Apr 5, 2016.

1. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

You trying to have two conversations and end the ring wars?? :ok::ok::ok:

OotyPa likes this.
  2. Horrorca

Trusted

LOL

content: does anyone know why the Peregrine re-issue is a 2xlp? bonus content or was it cut @ 45?

3. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

my apologies for an overreaction to all parties. unblocked @Horrorca so lets try this again

DrawYourMind likes this.
  4. Horrorca

Trusted

no need to apologize, I know I can be obnoxious

now let's goooooo

top 5 AC songs

On Reflection
    Mile Marker
    Here We Are
    Hanging Marionette
    A Bright Light
    The Summer Before

I did six!!!

5. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

Hmm

Top 5 songs is tough- I generally like how the album(s) flows together and the cohesiveness.

6. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I'll be honest I've only ever heard their 2013 record so I need to work on this discog.

KennedyBN likes this.
  7. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

Oooo, yes do it. Take your time and enjoy.

8. I was gonna do songs but this just isn't really a band I think about in terms of songs. they craft gorgeous, atmospherically contained records and I think of them mostly as whole pieces

9. Horrorca

Trusted

I agree with the whole album sentiment, but you must have some faves

10. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

I think from memory it was originally squeezed onto a single LP when it probably shouldn't have been and sounded shitty as a result (the OP did sound pretty average).

11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

30° is my fav song by this band probably

KennedyBN and Deathco_019 like this.
  12. Deathco_019

Drummer

Fight Song and Cathedral Rings are two of my favs

OotyPa likes this.
  13. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Ice heavy branches was the first TAC song I heard so it's special to me. Also the first minute and a half of marigold is probably my favorite part of this band's discog

Ken likes this.
  14. Deathco_019

Drummer

Fight Song was my first song from TAC that I ever heard. I had made a Moving Mountains radio station on last.fm and Fight Song came on at one point. I was like "Oh my god, who is this, I need to know." I think that is part of the reason that Two Conversations is currently my favorite album from this band too. It was the first album I really got into from thia band, along with Illumination Ritual.

Ken likes this.
  15. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

1. Sunset Drama King - One of my favorite songs ever. It's without flaw. No lyrics needed.
    2. Forever Longing the Golden Sunsets - First TAC song I heard. The ending lines always floor me.
    "i've fallen away.
    i fall into nothing.
    i promise you with warm salt air.
    hallowed breezes in your hair.
    days on end and days long gone.
    the beach and the fires and the nights are gone.
    flow. tide. ebb. road. night. sky. sand. home.
    the fair in the park,
    by the sea in my heart,
    is never gone."
    3. Poseidon - That guitar. Sounds just like the ocean in the most surreal and relaxing way possible.
    4. Rooms and Gardens - Oldwirehands from AP loved this song and he got me to love it too. I always thought it was good, but it really is phenomenal. I wish he posted here about TAC.
    5. Steps and Numbers - This song absolutely crushes me when I listen to it at a difficult time in my life, but I can't help it.
    6/7. Blind Man's Arrow or Mile Marker - I can't decide.
    8. Losing Touching Searching -My favorite song from TC. If you had asked me what that was 5 or 10 years ago, it would have Fight Song, Icy Heavy Branches, or Innocent Vigilant Ordinary. To me, it's now clearly the best song on the album. I love the flow of the instruments and the way Chris yells "Caught in this place we know."

Honorable Mentions: Dreamland, Marigold & Patchwork, Kilgore Trout, Storms, On Reflection, Signal, all of Low Level Owl Vol II not listed above... seriously--all of it, Ceremony, Song 3, Cathedral Rings, 30 Degrees 3 AM.

There. My top 5.

DrawYourMind and OotyPa like this.
  16. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

fight song is so good

Deathco_019 likes this.
  17. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

The first time I heard "Cathedral Rings", I had been waking up at 4am everyday that week for work. I downloaded Illumination Ritual as soon as it was available and listened to it first thing when I got home from work. I was super tired from waking up so early, and I would stay out super late to because that's just what I do I guess... Anyway, I pressed play on Illumination Ritual and pretty much instantly fell asleep cause I was so tired. Cathedral Ringa started playing while I was sleeping, so I'm 100% unconscious - but the drum beat was so good it honestly caused me to become aware again and I woke up because that drum beat is just THAT good

Deathco_019 likes this.
  18. JettaPA

I think Dreamland might just be the greatest emo song ever written.

Ken likes this.
  19. Deathco_019

Drummer

Seeing this band again tonight with Caspian and I'm so excited.

20. Kennedy

yo i havnt heard any more about these guys and a new record?? thought we were getting one in 2016

21. Deathco_019

Drummer

According to Phil from Caspian, they were/are soundchecking this tour with new songs. My guess is they're playimy new stuff on this tour and, at this rate, it'll be out early next year

22. Kennedy

thanks for the info!

Appleseed is one of those bands that should be like, Thursday levels of popularity at least and i wish more people listened to them

23. Deathco_019

Drummer

Yeah they're really underrated, even by me. I've been listening to them since 2012, but I think I was more of a casual fan up until this year. Now I feel completely on board

KennedyBN likes this.
  24. Deathco_019

Drummer

Been revisiting Peregrine a bit lately and it's really good. I like it now a lot more than I did on my first listen a few months ago.

Also listening to Sgarmatha for the first time and this album is really tight. This band really has an underrated discography.

KennedyBN likes this.
  25. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

You're right. I wish that was the case. I think the band had that trajectory, even greater, but they diverted from their LLO sound with the release of Two Conversations and that brought expectations for the band back down to earth.

That said, I really need to listen to this band again. It's been too damn long and some of their melodies are just amazing.