Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Appleseed Cast Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kennedy, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

[​IMG]

The Appleseed Cast are an alternative rock band that incorporates many elements of post-rock and emo. They are pretty much one of the most under-rated bands ever. the bands early discography is very reminiscent in sound of classic 90s emo bands such as Sunny Day Real Estate and Mineral. They became more and more experimental in their sound, and in 2001 released perhaps their most notable record Low Level Owl: Vol. 1-2 which contains a lot of post-rock elements and sounds new to the band.
    The band is still active to this day and continue to release some of the best records. listen to them. love them. give them all your money.

2. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Favorite band

KennedyBN likes this.
  3. Kennedy

Illumination Ritual has become my favorite Appleseed Cast record. I can't wait to see how they follow it up.

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Two Conversations is one of the best of this genre

Mclusky30 likes this.
  5. Kennedy

Does anyone know if they might be putting out another record this year? I heard that somewhere but don't remember from who

6. TheBaroness

Hard for me to single out a favourite album - probably Mare Vitalis, but I love them all. Peregrine is super underrated.

Really hoping for a new album this year but haven't heard anything to confirm or otherwise.

7. Deathco_019

Drummer

Fucking subbbbb. I'll have to go back through their discography to see how I feel about some of their albums now but Two Conversations is probably my favorite.

Only ones I haven't listened to though are The End Of The Ring Wars and Sagarmatha.

8. dustyfloors

Baskiceball Champion

Did you guys see this?
    I deactivated my FB so I can't see the bids but I'm betting this will get UP THERE!

9. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Two Convos easily my fav

10. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Illumination Ritual is my most-returned-to album by them, so I guess that's my fav. They're all incredible so

KennedyBN likes this.
  11. dustyfloors

Baskiceball Champion

I love the Low Level Owl records.
    I think it kind of encapsulates the best of their stuff. Has some really beautiful instrumentals but also the songs with lyrics are killer.

12. Kennedy

This could be the most under rated band ever

13. Gooddayz

always and forever

Love this band. I haven't heard their debut, but my favorite is definitely Sagarmatha. That one doesn't seem to get much love though

14. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Love Sagarmatha but just feels like a worse version of Illumination Ritual to me

15. Peregrine is seriously incredible, I feel like it changes every time I listen to it and it's always special.

16. JettaPA

I don't care for the vocal mix on Sagarmatha. Its a little too blended into the music. I imagine that's what they were going for, as that album tends to be more ambient, but Illumination Ritual was everything I wanted out of Appleseed Cast at this point in their career. Still though, I really like all their albums, definitely in my personal top 10 favorite bands.

17. Horrorca

Trusted

Ken and KennedyBN like this.
  18. Kennedy

2016 is just ridiculous

Ken likes this.
  19. Omg yes

20. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

One of my favorites. IR was beautiful. Can't wait

21. TheBaroness

Holy shit, this is brilliant news!

22. Deathco_019

Drummer

Take meeeee

23. Gooddayz

always and forever

Stoked!

Man I remember three years ago playing IR right after I found out I passed Thermodynamics. What a day that was

24. Deathco_019

Drummer

Going to listen to this band's entire discography this week in light of their tour announcement and in hopes that we hear new music soon. Starting with the Low Level Owl albums, though I now question why I didn't start with The End Of The Ring Wars and just go forward from their to hear their progression from that album all the way to Illumination Ritual.

KennedyBN and OotyPa like this.
  25. Kennedy

I want a new record so bad

OotyPa likes this.