Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Amity Affliction Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Schooner, May 18, 2016.

1. Schooner

Trusted

In last 15mins both just announced. New single and its clip for the new album August 12th

2. Schooner

Trusted

3. Schooner

Trusted

image.jpeg

4. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

The song is solid but I think I'm outgrowing them. It's the same formula over and over again.

5. Schooner

Trusted

Yeah besides the last minute it used the same blueprint. It works but hopefully they shake things up on the non singles

redwing91007 likes this.
  6. Schooner

Trusted

Title track new single. Poppiest song to date. Still good

7. Schooner

Trusted

New Album is good. Gave it a few spins at the gym. No real reinvention of the wheel as the singles would suggest. But a ballad on there. And one where Joel has a crack at a sing

8. I’d never heard of this band before but my nephew whose really into ADTR recommended the new record. Haven’t listened thru yet but did catch D.I.E on shuffle just now. I ain’t mad at it!

9. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I’ve always disliked this band, but man, “Drag The Lake” is a tune. Started diving into the new album and found it to be much better than I was anticipating. Some good stuff on there.

10. 333 GANG

ACAB

Far heavier than anything they’ve put out in some time. They also signed to Pure Noise.

beachdude and bachna84 like this.
  11. New album is p good

333 GANG, solxace and beachdude like this.
  12. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

New album is them but has a lot of new ideas they haven't explored yet. I think the addition of the ex-drummer of Defeater has helped a lot.

solxace likes this.
  13. solxace

oh word?

he still drums for defeater, they just aren’t a full time band anymore

14. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

the new album is fantastic, love all the features, this one might be my favorite with andrew! anywho 8 albums in and they are at the top of their craft imo. i saw them twice last year and they crushed it as usual. hows everyone feeling off the new album?

15. onionbubs

Regular

best amity album since 2012. so here for it

WadeCastle likes this.
  16. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

hell yeah! do you have a favorite song yet?

17. onionbubs

Regular

hard to tell this early but it might be when it rains it pours tho the landon feature rlly brings it over the top and is also his best material in a verrrry long time

really quite happy with all of it tho

18. 333 GANG

ACAB

I feel like almost every song this band writes kind of sounds exactly the same, but I still like it lol

19. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

] picked up my hard copy yesterday! :blush:

IMG_9600.jpg

20. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

they definitely have their formula down pat, plus i saw this new album the band produced it themselves!

333 GANG likes this.
  21. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Sorry to be a downer but I tried giving their new LP a listen last week, used to be a huge fan of them through LTOTM. Honestly didn't find much here I'd want to return to, felt pretty generic overall outside of some of the singles. I had the same problems with the newest TDWP tbh, just nothing really catching my ear.

Also did something happen with Joel's voice? He sounds pretty rough on this record compared to anything I've heard from them in the past few years. Might just be me though.

22. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

I've been jamming the new album lots recently.

WadeCastle likes this.
  23. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

me too, it sounds great driving around in the car \m/

24. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Haven't listened to these guys in a hot minute but I used to love Youngbloods and Chasing Ghosts.

25. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter