Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Amity Affliction / Senses Fail / Bad Omens / Belmont Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by zachmacD, Nov 6, 2018.

1. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

2. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Yes they do. Both got about 60 mins of stage time each

3. gsm00th

Amazing. Wish Amity was playing more Youngbloods or LTOTM but this will suffice

ABRfan3295 likes this.
  4. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Silent Planet setlist:

The New Eternity
    Orphan
    Native Blood
    In Absence
    Panic Room
    First Father
    Depths II

5. DarkestDayOfMan Jan 5, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 6, 2019)
    DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Senses Fail is still one of the most fun live acts. Also Steve Carey is their best drummer thus far. Don't @ me on this.

Amity is on now and Ahren's mic is way too high.

6. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

But did they play Lungs Like Gallows, and did it go hard?

Davjs likes this.
  7. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

They didn't. At least that I can remember. Honestly I can't even remember what they put in its place.

8. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Alright so shows over and I just have to spill some thoughts about Amity. And I don't like to sound mean because I super understand that the life of a touring musician isn't easy. I've always been indifferent to the band, because they're one of those bands where it felt like other bands were doing the same things/concepts but much better. Lyricism has always been pretty hit or miss for me and there's only a few songs I really really like. It occurred to me tonight that Joel could realistically be replaced by any one of his peers in the genre and their live show would not suffer. His vocals are pretty one-dimensional and I noticed as they were going through the different songs from their discography that he hasn't really evolved much in his style. Ahren is clearly the better vocalist between the two, even his backing screamed vocals were much better. Joel even seemed bored with some of their newer material. ESPECIALLY during songs like D.I.E. (this song makes me cringe very hard btw) and Feels Like I'm Dying. Basically he was just doing what I refer to as "the Parker Cannon" (or standing around with no movement). Also it's super lazy to just let the audience sing the whole intro lyrics of Pittsburgh. Like I get singing one part and then having them sing the other but the whole part just bugged me. I especially feel bad for bagging on him since he ended the show with a sentiment of belonging in this scene and how we need to keep racism, homophobia, etc away from the metal and hardcore scene.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  9. Xpertguy5

Trusted

I used to be super into them years ago but yea I agree that some of their songs are super cringy. Yesterday they just sounded off to me and ahren was the only one who sounded good. I get that it was the first day of tour (when I saw them) but I expected better. When senses fail came out buddy had a ton of energy and the whole set flew by fast. It was tons of fun but then amity comes on and all the excitement wore off towards the middle of their set when I started to get a bit bored. Maybe I was tired since they did come on after senses fail.

10. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

A lot of the times on the new album it sounded like the heavy vocals were just completely unnecessary. Why force that into your music if it doesn’t need it? The songs themselves aren’t even heavy songs musically to begin with in a lot of cases. It just sounded awkward to me. As someone who didn’t listen to their music much prior to Misery (I had Youngblood’s downloaded forever ago and the only song I ever cared about was the opener), it just sounded uncomfortable when I heard him chime in “FEELS LIKE IM” every line in the chorus of the single... the song has this dark poppy vibe going and flows really well, I feel like they could have done without it.

11. Davjs

Trusted

oldboot likes this.
  12. zachmacD

Trusted

I’m really going to try to make it to this show. SF’s setlist, along with their merch, is awesome. Hopefully Amity is headlining so I can leave early

13. Joshua

Regular

Pretty sure this is the order every night, they just play the same set length

14. zachmacD

Trusted

Oh awesome! Thank you

15. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

16. DarkestDayOfMan Jan 6, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 6, 2019)
    DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Guess I was wrong on it being played last night. Would have loved to see NJ Makes The World Takes though. Or Bloody Romance...

17. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Removes song from one underrepresented album, doesn’t add song from other underrepresented albums.

However, my personal fav from the new album at least.

Davjs likes this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

Ehhhhh. I haven't gotten my tickets for my date yet and now I'm on the fence. They didn't even replace it with another heavier song or even a song form that era....

19. gsm00th

Anyone happen to get a Belmont setlist?

bachna84 likes this.
  20. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

All I can really remember is that they ended with Overstepping and somewhere in the middle of the set they played Albert.

21. ABRfan3295

Regular

Anyone have pics of Amity's merch?

bkaeser93 likes this.
  22. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

ABRfan3295 likes this.
  23. atlas

Trusted

24. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Fuck him. Good on The Amity Affliction dudes.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  25. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Both sides came out stupid.

That Trump guy is stupid for trying to annoy people and the singer is stupid for giving him the attention he wanted. Also, if you get a statement out saying that you want your shows to be a safe place then don't go berating the crowd.

riotspray likes this.