Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Amity Affliction / Senses Fail / Bad Omens / Belmont Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by zachmacD, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Mason

Regular

While I would love to hear the bands side, Senses Fail and Amity have been in the business for a while, especially Buddy. I would be very surprised for Buddy to call them out if this wasn't the accurate reason they left the tour. Either way though, that's hardly even close to bullying. Ash can take several seats.

DonnyFTW, bachna84, red8ge and 2 others like this.
  2. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Buddy doesn't seem like the type to "bully" younger guys like it's gonna gain him something. I think it's sketchy that Ash throws a smokescreen hinting at bad behavior but doesn't really elaborate.

Nate_Johnson and Mason like this.
  3. red8ge Nov 8, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 8, 2018)
    red8ge

Regular

is there another recent wave in the film industry where victims are speaking out against people in control? lol

4. K0ta

It would be in really poor taste to be equating the #metoo movement with...what this nonsense is. But I honestly can't see what else he would be talking about.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  5. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Amity I could buy having some sort of ego issue, at least I've heard of slight murmurs from people (mainly about Ahren). But none of the guys in Senses Fail seem like they have egos that would make smaller bands feel they would have to leave a tour. Plus if there really was that big of a deal with egos why didn't Belmont leave too then? I just buy Bad Omens threw a fit over the font size on the poster more than I do that one or both of the headlining bands is treating opening acts poorly.

withchappedlips and Nate_Johnson like this.
  6. bwh0005

[]

Here’s Bad Omen’s rejected tour poster.

Attached Files:

Chickenmcbringinits likes this.
  7. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

This is too funny. Glad Buddy didn't mind keeping us in the loop.

8. red8ge

Regular

bullying ≠ clowning, but the shirt was a funny move

9. Mason

Regular

This post did nothing in their favor, IMO. It still very much seems that they dropped off because of the damn font and not looking higher up than the first opener. Its embarrassing. Also, I am so fucking sick of people using the word bullying when its just not something they want to hear. Getting called out on your band leaving a tour right after the announcement is NOT bullying and any negativity that the band gets from that is on Bad Omens. These two massive bands were nice enough to want to bring you out and expose you to more fans. I respect SF for saying how it is.

10. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

"Direct support" They have one album out. Get real.

Nate_Johnson and Mason like this.
  11. red8ge

Regular

it's nothing new, but like basing your entire band around the sound of another band's album is so fucking lame and hilarious. band is corny as fuck and this isn't surprising at all

12. ABRfan3295

Regular

Ahren from Amity posted the following... "People really want to believe there’s more to this situation but I’m telling you it’s really that simple. Bad Omens pulled out of our tour because of the size of their name on the poster. This is not a conspiracy."

Oddjob and Nate_Johnson like this.
  13. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

hate reading statements that awkwardly mix sterile professional speak with more casual tone. people suck at writing.

14. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Bad Omens really do think that they’re bigger than they are because they copied Bring Me The Horizon’s sound and have a song that has a million views on YouTube.

I think this whole situation is hilarious.

15. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

You can be direct support to a tour without having your name bigger than the other supporting bands. I'm sure Belmont would have had a 25-30 minute set and Bad Omens would have had a 35 minute set, while Senses Fail and TAA both got an hour to an hour and ten. I like Bad Omens but putting out that garbo statement was them just digging themselves an even bigger grave. For sure team TAA/SF on this one.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  16. bkaeser93

Trusted

I love Bad Omens and they were actually the band I was most excited to see since I haven’t seen them before but it’s bullshit that they pulled out because of a font size when they would be playing for a shit ton of more people that they haven’t played for. Huge loss for them and I will still be attending this tour.

ABRfan3295 likes this.
  17. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Any speculation for replacements? I think it'll probably be a metalcore or post-hardcore band just so Amity isn't the end one out genre wise.

18. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Trash Boat is free I believe!

summertimejesus and Davjs like this.
  19. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

This doesn’t surprise me.

20. Jerihoar

Regular

Buddy is pretty open on his anti abuser stuff. So I'm sure they never crossed the bands mind as a replacement.

summertimejesus and Nate_Johnson like this.
  21. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Yeah fuck Cane Hill

DonnyFTW likes this.
  22. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

#JusticeForCrazyEightyEight

23. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Buddy bought the small logo shirt Bad Omens just put up for sale lmao

summertimejesus and Nate_Johnson like this.
  24. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Mason and Nate_Johnson like this.
  25. K0ta

Ash and Bad Omens look so bad in this. SF/AA were honest, and then to go and try to equate this to #metoo and accuse them of bullying younger bands...yikes.