Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Amity Affliction, Being As An Ocean, Hundredth, Trophy Eyes, Deadships Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by redwing91007, Jun 6, 2016.

1. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

[​IMG]

Sat 10 Sep High Elevation Festival | Denver CO
    Sun 11 Sep Granada | Lawrence KS
    Tue 13 Sep Agora | Cleveland OH
    Wed 14 Sep Webster Hall | New York City NY
    Thu 15 Sep Palladium | Worcester MA
    Sun 18 Sep Rock Allegiance Fest | Philadelphia PA
    Tue 20 Sep Rams Head Live | Baltimore MD
    Wed 21 Sep Masquerade | Atlanta GA
    Thu 22 Sep Beacham | Orlando FL
    Tue 27 Sep Ready Room | St Louis MO
    Thu 29 Sep Deluxe @ Old National Ctr | Indianapolis IN
    Fri 30 Sep Mr. Smalls | Pittsburgh PA
    Sat 1 Oct Louder Than Life Fest | Louisville KY
    Sun 2 Oct Sonic Boom Festival | Janesville WI
    Wed 5 Oct La Tulipe | Montreal QC
    Thu 6 Oct The Opera House | Toronto ON
    Fri 7 Oct Crofoot Ballroom | Detroit MI
    Sat 8 Oct Bottom Lounge | Chicago IL
    Sun 9 Oct Mill City Nights | Minneapolis MN
    Wed 12 Oct Complex | Salt Lake City UT
    Fri 14 Oct El Corazon| Seattle WA
    Sat 15 Oct Hawthorne | Portland OR
    Mon 17 Oct Regent | Los Angeles CA
    Tue 18 Oct Vinyl | Las Vegas NV
    Wed 19 Oct Soma | San Diego CA
    Fri 21 Oct Nile | Phoenix AZ
    Sat 22 Oct Glasshouse | Pomona CA

I'll be at the Oct 5th date!

2. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I'll be at the Portland date! Amity, Hundredth and Trophy Eyes is a solid lineup.

3. redwing91007

I'm really happy with this lineup. I keep missing Amity and Hundredth so it will be my first time for both. I'm a huge BAAO fan so that's a bonus. I'll give Trophy Eyes another listen, didn't catch last time I can them a spin. Any recommendations?

4. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

First time Amity's playing in Maryland/DC since Warped Tour. I didn't start listening to them until after that so I'll definitely try to make it to this one. Great set of openers, too. BAAO & Hundredth are always fun to see live.

5. Darth Annihilus

Regular

Anyone have a preorder code for this yet?

6. I have never understood the appeal of BAAO or TAA (I can think of bands that do both sounds better) but I will go just for Trophy Eyes because they are the best of the new crop of pop punk bands. Hundredth always kills it too. That Deadships band sounds atrocious.

7. Start with their first EP, Everything Goes Away. Their debut LP Mend, Move On is really good but harder to get into.

redwing91007 likes this.
  8. himynameisdakota

Regular

This tour seems pretty cool but its hitting the worst venue in Orlando in regards to sound quality

9. Darth Annihilus

Regular

Everybody hates the Beacham, but everybody will still buy tickets. I was so mad The Summer Set got moved from The Social. Maybe Amity will undersell the Beacham but oversell the Social and get moved to Firestone (Venue 578 is a terrible name)

10. himynameisdakota

Regular

Very true. I like the venue itself but the sound kills it for me. I actually like Firestone and I've seen some really good shows there but security are a bunch of assholes and it's more a "club" then a suitable venue. I still think Backbooth is the best venue in town.

11. Darth Annihilus

Regular

I love Backbooth because it's so small, but HOB and Hard Rock have way better sound. I guess it depends on the band you're seeing.

12. Frobert

Regular

I'm surprised that Amity still isn't a bigger draw in the US. It's weird seeing them play for thousands in Australia and then come to the US and play ~700 cap venues.

13. korey011

Regular

They are starting to move up the scale on these rock/metal festival posters. Which is cool, they totally deserve it.

14. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

That's kind of how it is for a lot of rock bands in the states now. Feel like there's only a handful of bands that play arenas here.

15. Frobert

Regular

Oh yeah, I definitely wouldn't expect them to be playing arenas or anything. I just thought they'd be playing mid-size venues like the House of Blues by now.

16. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I was thinking this tour would be at The Fillmore in Silver Spring since that's where a lot of bands go now, but Rams Head is similar capacity wise.

17. Morgan

Morgan

Anyone know what the VIP package is for this tour?

18. Darth Annihilus

Regular

Ticket, early entry, poster, laminate, meet and greet. $50

19. Morgan

Morgan

That's a really good deal.

20. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I keep hearing about how big TAA is getting. I expected them to play House of Blues.

21. redwing91007

From what I've seen with TAA they are the perfect example of a band that just isn't catching on in North America like they do at home. The pace at which they have moved up venue sized in NA pales in comparison.

22. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

I'm hoping that changes with the new record but hardly anything with screaming gets on DC/Baltimore radio now. :\

23. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

They need to get on bigger tours here, that's part of the problem in my opinion. Within the last two years they have done a tour supporting Blessthefall/Silverstein, a tour supporting STYG, Warped Tour and a headliner with less than impressive support. I feel like a tour with someone like ABR, Parkway Drive, ADTR, PTV or SWS would help them a lot at this point. They did have a huge crowd at Warped last year though so maybe this tour will draw pretty well.

24. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

Hoping Being As An Ocean gets added to Rock Allegiance now. TAA is already a can't miss for me.

25. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

I have a feeling the Rams Head Live show will sellout. I swear at least 1/3 of the people at the Maryland Warped date were there to see them and they weren't even playing on one of the main stages.