Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Americans (FX) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Binged all 4 seasons over the past couple months. I can finally come into this thread ha. This show is great.

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Glad to have you on board. I would imagine it was hard for you to cut the show off each night. It's just too good. Probably the best show currently on air.

Joe likes this.
  3. I appreciate how subdued it is. Though there are twists and cliffhangers here and there, the show doesn't force them or try be flashy. And yet it's still suspenseful and completely engaging. I love what they've done with Paige. It can be hard to get a teenage character right without making them annoying or the least interesting character (Homeland comes to mind), but Paige's arc so far has been compelling. Acting across the board is great too. I'm surprised Rhys and Russell haven't been nominated for Emmys.

airik625 likes this.
  4. airik625

Since you just started watching the show not long ago, you might not know this, but Rhys and Russell are married now with a baby.

5. Holy shit. I did not. :-O:-O:-O

6. airik625

Yeah it's the greatest thing.

7. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

THE EMMYS ARE FINALLY ONBOARD!!! DRAMA SERIES! LEAD ACTOR!! LEAD ACTRESS!!! IT'S HAPPENING!!!!

8. I really hope they win.

9. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Very, very well deserved.

10. Sounds like I hopped on the bandwagon just in time! The Drama categories are so stacked this year, though. Gonna be tough.

11. airik625

12. airik625

13. airik625

14. airik625

tucah likes this.
  15. tucah

not champ Prestigious

It's absolutely my favorite show of the year, at least.

16. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Returns March 7th

17. airik625

Yes

18. airik625

March 7th

19. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

This isn't the last season is it?

20. airik625

One more after this.

21. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Got it thought I remember hearing something about the end. Glad this season isn't the last

22. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

This season will be a 13 episode season and then season 6 will be a 10 episode season. I think that will be a perfect amount of time to wrap up the show and not have it drag.

airik625 and truelovewaits like this.
  23. I'm ok with that.

24. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Also, anyone that watches this should check out man in the high castle. I just finished season 2 of it and it's pretty good. Not as good as the Americans but still pretty good. Some of the decision making is head scratching and the characters aren't really as deep as the americans. I love history in shows like these and "what ifs" type shows though.

25. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

This is my life living and working near NAS Oceana. F-18's shaking the walls of my office every day. The locals are like Paige and all the tourists drop everything. Also, not nearly loud enough.