Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Americans (FX) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, and they're pretty much all my favorites too. At least there's a possibility for Martha to come back into play at some point.

2. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

This episode might have been Holly Taylor's best work so far. If there was ever an episode to submit to the Emmys on her behalf, this would be it. Such a great performance from her tonight.

3. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I really wish the Emmys would acknowledge the acting on this show beyond Margo Martindale. Russell, Rhys, Emmerich, Wright, and Taylor all deserve nominations.

MrRobot likes this.
  4. MrRobot

Agreed. Rhys is giving what is probably my favorite current performance on tv these days.

But I mean, awards shows tend to overlook subtle acting like this given that they base it on a single episode submitted for each performance. It's borderline impossible to see what someone like Rhys has done over 4 years in terms of character development/transformation by watching an hour of what he does.

5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Hate there's inky two episodes left this season. If Pastor Tim didn't make it home, I'm afraid Paige would have really lost it.

I wonder if she's going to start getting Stan's son to get info for her. Seems like it's setting that up.

Gotta say, I was real disappointed with how Gad handled himself when thr Russians came to visit him. I mean, what the hell was that? At least try to be diplomatic at that point? His plan was to run as fast as he could at the door? I noticed one of the goons got cut by the glass when he Gad fell through. Still don't think that will lead to anything though. It's not like the FBI has a DNA profile on any of them.

6. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

There's three episodes left!

airik625 likes this.
  7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I'm going to be so upset when this season ends, what a run it's having.

8. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Renewed for two (final) seasons. Final season will be 10 episodes instead of 13. Very happy the show will get to end how the writers want it to.

airik625 likes this.
  9. airik625

That's great news.

I think Pastor Tim's wife is still skeptical of Philip and Elizabeth. She is going to hold on to the tape as insurance probably. Notice how she quickly changed the subject for Paige even had a chance to mention the tape.

10. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Fantastic news!

11. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Excellent news. Good to see that they can properly plan for the ending now.

12. airik625

25 more episodes after this season. That's exciting.

13. MrRobot

Paige and Elizabeth certainly crossed a bridge in their relationship tonight.

14. airik625

So much going on in that episode. A lot to digest.

That dinner scene with Pastor Tim, his wife, and Stan was hilarious. When Stan said he was an FBI agent, Tim's reaction was priceless.

I had completely forgotten about the old woman in the warehouse at the warehouse where they manufactured those mail robots.

Can't get over that closing scene with Paige and Elizabeth. Those guys were up to no good and I knew Elizabeth was going to kick some ass, I just did not expect her stick that one guy in the neck and kill him. Just when she was finally coming to terms with what her parents do again.

When Philip and co. went to go see Don at his office, it occurred to me how much more far reaching this show is than at eye level.
    So Elizabeth spent a lot of time and energy becoming Young Hi's best friend. After she becomes very close with her and her family, only then she is forced to make Don think that they had sex, and in turn, enpregnated her. not only that, but because Don thought it was best she get an abortion, he is then informed that Penny has killed herself based off his actions. All this is happening while she is having to alienate and ignore what has become her best friend. What's more, is the fact that they may not even get the Security Level 4 Clearance that all of this was for. Furthermore, even if everything were to work out perfectly, the result could be a virus/disease that could potentially kill millions. An proposition that they themselves don't even necessarily agree with. Right when that mission was put into action long ago, emotional turmoil was required of the highest level.

But I digress.

I'm very interested to see how Paige reacts moving forward. Her relaying that information from Matthew was unknowingly the beginning of her years a potential spy.

Whalejaw likes this.
  15. MrRobot

I think Paige is coming closer and closer to just accepting what her life is and moving forward with it. I feel as if her days of being defiant are definitely behind her for the most part, whether that's reluctantly or she's genuinely swayed by what Philip and Elizabeth end up telling her now that she's seen the dark side of it.

16. I can't believe the finale is next week. This season has been too good to end.

17. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Great.

Whalejaw likes this.
  18. tucah

not champ Prestigious

This has been a phenomenal season, sad we only have one left.

19. MrRobot

This has definitely been the best season. It gets better every year.

20. airik625

ugh Paige. She wants to know every single detail, but every time they tell her something she doesn't want to hear, she just checks out. It's been happening all season. I'm ready for to either just accept it already.

21. The finale had me tense throughout, but I was kind of disappointed there was so much setup for next season.

22. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

There will be 2 more seasons.

23. I think he meant episodes left in the season.

24. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Whoops, should've taken notice of when that was posted.

25. airik625

Great finale. I'm kind of relieved there wasn't a huge cliffhanger at the end. Refreshing actually. Can you imagine Paige and Henrt in Russia? Haha.

William gave just enough information away for Stan to start second guessing Philip and Elizabeth. There was obviously no way he could have known that Stan was their neighbor, but still.