Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Americans (FX) TV Show • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Amazing finale. One of the best ever.

Whalejaw and kbeef2 like this.
  2. kupe

Regular

Idk how I feel (not that that's a bad thing)

3. I'm in shock. That was incredible.

4. fastlife

Regular Supporter

I never thought this show would make me cry, but goddamn that was an emotional finale

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Wow

6. kupe

Regular

The misdirection during the train scene was incredible

kbeef2 likes this.
  7. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

The timing with the Paige reveal and Bono wailing was just...*chef’s kiss*

8. Loved it. The garage scene is an all-timer for sure.

airik625 likes this.
  9. airik625 May 31, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 1, 2018)
    airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

You could see Stan hesitate when hugging Rene at the end. I was devastated. I thought Paige would run away, so that didn’t surprise me. But that garage scene fucked me up. (Both)

Did anyone else wonder if they were going to let Elizabeth back into Russia after murdering that agent?

10. airik625

Joe likes this.
  11. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

The garage scene and the train scene are two of the most stunning/well-done things I've ever seen on TV. I have some very minor quibbles but overall an absolutely incredible finale.

12. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Rewatching the finale cause it’s on again right now...I think the moment that kills me the most is when Philip is in McDonalds and takes a look at the “normal” family before heading back out to Elizabeth and Paige

Also it’s great that their last meal in America is McDonalds lol

13. airik625

14. airik625

15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Trying to watch a few of the shows I haven't seen that are up for Emmys. Watched the pilot of this last night. Pretty enjoyable, will keep watching.

airik625 and irthesteve like this.
  16. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Just finished the finale. The last 45 minutes was absolutely unbelievable. The parking garage scene was one of the best scenes I think I've ever seen in a show. This really solidified this as an all-timer show

airik625 likes this.
  17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Won best drama series at the globes

Slangster likes this.
  18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve been watching this over the past few months. A little over halfway done with season 4. I gotta be careful during awards shows so I don’t catch any spoiler clips.

PS this show rules

19. marchofmarty

there is no happy here Prestigious

I always looked forward to after the holidays for promos of the upcoming season to start coming out. going to feel slightly empty not having this to look forward to each week this spring.

I'm glad it's finally getting the recognition it deserves. probably my favorite TV series of all time

Slangster likes this.
  20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Y’all, I finally finished this after binging it for a few months and I am an absolute WRECK. Like ugly sobbing for most of the finale. I want to talk about my feelings.

This is definitely in my top five all time shows even knowing it for such a short time. And Philip is in my top five characters.

And my sweet Martha and Henry and Mischa and uuuughhh I just feel so deeply about so many things and I wish I had been able to talk about this for years!!

Slangster and Taketimeandfind like this.
  21. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I still haven’t finished the last season because I’m stressed about what’s going to happen. I don’t want bad things to happen to the Jennings, Stan, or Aderholt and I know that they will.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I almost stopped watching after season 5. The storyline with Mischa messed me up and made me angrier and more hurt than anything I can really remember on TV. If I hadn’t been watching it with someone who told me it was worth keeping on I don’t know if I could have taken it. So much of it got to me in huge ways.

waking season likes this.
  23. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

So as someone that binged the show, what did you think about season 5?

It got a lot of criticism for kind of just spinning its wheels and nothing too interesting really happening. I enjoyed it but I did see that a lot. I haven’t gone back and rewatched any of the series but I’d probably say season 5 was my least favorite.

24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Just finished the second to last season the other day. So pumped to finish.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.